Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A clear sign of the times, Sheeple versus Prepper mentality
28 February 2013, 19:36,
RE: A clear sign of the times, Sheeple versus Prepper mentality
How the hell can someone not know what a carrot is?! It's like these people that don't know what animals are what, how is that even possible?
Winter is coming
28 February 2013, 19:42,
(28 February 2013, 19:36)Hex Wrote: How the hell can someone not know what a carrot is?! It's like these people that don't know what animals are what, how is that even possible?

oh that is very possible, there was a quiz done some time ago and a lot of people thought you got milk from pig, eggs from a sheep and that carrots grew on trees...i kid you not, some people dont have the braincells of a gnat!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 19:53,
Like Hex, I find it hard to believe that anyone could be that thick.

Even a short disruption to the food supply chain will wipe out these types.

Their existence is sign enough that a cull is needed to improve the quality of the human stock.
conscius et paratum
28 February 2013, 19:57,
(28 February 2013, 19:53)Digger Wrote: Like Hex, I find it hard to believe that anyone could be that thick.

Even a short disruption to the food supply chain will wipe out these types.

Their existence is sign enough that a cull is needed to improve the quality of the human stock.

thats what i have been saying for years!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 20:34,
(28 February 2013, 17:15)Scythe13 Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 17:09)Tibbs735 Wrote: "Healthy food is too expensive."
Bullshit

I have a friend trying for his first Mich star and he taught me a salad that takes 4 minutes to make, costs £1 (at the most), and sells for £14.00

Can I have the recipe for that please?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 February 2013, 22:53,
I really wonder how many people there are out there that are like this,.. what really is the percentage of people who cant cook?

If we take the population who are over say 50 yrs,.. If we take people in the catering trade, people whos hobby it is to cook, and sons and daughters of people who know the goodness in cooking,............ then all these people should be able to cook

It `might`, only leave a small percentage of young people who cant cook,..and because its out of the ordinary, it makes the news, after all if people not being able to cook was the normal, it wouldn't be newsworthy, its just me looking at it from a different angle

Its still bad enough though
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 February 2013, 23:05,
We cook all of food from stratch we even make our own pasta,jams bread etc. We make a meal plan for a month only buy what we need if its not in the garden that is, we get meat from small holders in the local area. We found that our food bill is actually reducing all the time.
Bring back cooking lessons for all school children, was'nt this one of labours ideas to stop cookery classes? everyone said this would happen
Failure is NOT an option
28 February 2013, 23:52,
There is no excuse to eat shit food,You can buy different ingredients inc veg,meat,etc and make a lot of a lovely meal and live on it for a few days
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
1 March 2013, 09:41,
Remember that post i did about groceries and cities a while back, the nearer a city centre you got the less groceries and milk were being kept and the amount of meals bought out increased. IE in Leeds they report that in the middle people buy those tiny 300mm bottles of milk daily, but by the time you get out of the burbs of Leeds folks are buying 4 litre containers. Many of the urbanites even go out to eat BREAKFAST enroute to work and rarely if even cook at home (if they can cook)

1 March 2013, 10:41,
i used to live in a city suburb about a 5 minute walk from the corner shops, newsagent, butchers, co-op etc. people living in the flats OVER the shops did not have ANY food in the cupboards, they just used to go down stairs to the shops and buy their food for that day!! you can imagine what would happen if the shops were empty, yup they'd starve!