Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
1 March 2013, 09:37,
RE: do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
Well thought out practical approach there digger, glad my advice helped you choose. hope you are fit cos if you are not that 175 pound draw prod will have your gonads in a bucket. Remember that for example indoors your air rifles will be lethal to "" just about anything""

please find time / space to practice with both rifle and X bow , at least once a month minimum.

1 March 2013, 09:52,
(1 March 2013, 09:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: Well thought out practical approach there digger, glad my advice helped you choose. hope you are fit cos if you are not that 175 pound draw prod will have your gonads in a bucket. Remember that for example indoors your air rifles will be lethal to "" just about anything""

please find time / space to practice with both rifle and X bow , at least once a month minimum.

It was your tales of woe that prompted us to decide on planning for 90lb limbs to go with the Jaguars ( supplied with 175lb). We intend to use the lower powered limbs until we get used to the cocking stresses. That's still 6 1/2 stones of pulling power needed, or the equivalent of two fully loaded airline regulation cases to pull. Scary stuff...
conscius et paratum
1 March 2013, 10:21,
My back is aching just at the thought of the 175 pound prod. Remember accuracy is just as important as power and a well placed 95 pound bolt will do the job better than a misplaced 175 pound bolt.

1 March 2013, 13:01,
"Do I need two Air rifles"
This is the wrong questionHuh

The correct question is

"Are two Air rifles enough?"Smile

You can never have too many weapons from my point of view.
1 March 2013, 14:23,
(1 March 2013, 13:01)Tartar Horde Wrote: You can never have too many weapons from my point of view.

how true, and not just air rifles, in my view we need a variety of weapons!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 March 2013, 15:24,
The usual adage of three is two and two is one and so on is true here. You need spares, things get broken, wear out or stolen. You need spares.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 March 2013, 18:37,
i wanna to be a survivor.......BUT.. with the only gun being an air rifle ! ! im not sure...having ten years worth of pellets etc...handy to have though.! I personally want to trade up to Any shotgun/any bore ! a 4/10 poacher special wud be great ! wud use any means ness after SHTF??? maybe !...okay your gonna all say but you would need 10 thou cartridges...but you would cross that bridge when it comes...its the unknown at the end of the day....
1 March 2013, 18:49,
i think it depends where your gonna be WTSHTF, if your in a city fighting off the masses of looters and arsonists that will be about WROL then fine, have your shotgun, your AK47 or whatever, but if you've bugged out into an old abandoned stone barn/cottage in the countryside then an air rifle, crossbow/longbow combination would be sufficient...thats my personal opinion anyway.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 March 2013, 21:05,
My .22 air rifle and 175lb Crossbow [ with bradheads ] will be kept mainly for taking game,.. for security we have two hand held crossbows,.. these are well worth looking at, because they are very cheap to buy, and although small, they do pack a punch, and will certainly put a man down,.. bolts are also very cheap to buy.

Its worth thinking about the caliber of the rifle before you buy,.. a .22 is a bit less accurate, but packs a heavier punch,..where as a .177 is more accurate but doesn't hit as hard,...it depends on where, how and at what you think you might be shooting

I am going to look into buying a simple hunting bow, of the standard type as well, cross bows are good, but are not re-loaded very fast
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 March 2013, 23:01,
(1 March 2013, 21:05)Highlander Wrote: I am going to look into buying a simple hunting bow, of the standard type as well, cross bows are good, but are not re-loaded very fast

This is what I am looking at buying to go with the Barnett Banshees

http://www.cbarchery.co.uk/epages/620596...DA-48-0003