Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
2 March 2013, 14:11,
RE: do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
RW, I'd stick with the air rifles for a few reasons.

Versatility.
You can shoot left or right handed with an air rifle, much more accurately than a bow.
You can do anything with an air rifle than you can with a bow, except shoot arrows haha.

Stealth.
Granted the air rifle does make a noise. But it's much more subtle sticking an air rifle to your back than a bow, and it's got a MUCH smaller profile, so is easier to move with, and take up position with. Imagine shooting an air rifle off a rock and the profile it would show, and compare that to a bow and it's profile. Point made.

Adaptability.
Try shooting a bow prone. Enough said.

Accuracy.
Shoot at a target and tell me which has smaller groupings. Practice with both the same amount of time with each, and you'll see what I mean.

Handling.
Let's see your misses shoot a heavy bow, okay, now your kids, or someone else like that. Okay, what about them using the air rifle?

Reality.
Why does the army use firearms and not bows and arrows? Accuracy, adaptability, versatility, efficiency, and lower effort for a higher output.

I'm not saying bows are bad! What I'm saying is that a rifle, even an air rifle, will be superior in performance to a bow and arrow, in the grand scale of things.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2013, 14:29,
fair point. i just like to have other options and not have everything the same, plus air rifles wear out and pellets run out...but with a bow you can always make arrows from natural materials around you.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2013, 16:45,
But if your rifle breaks you can use it like a club Big Grin
2 March 2013, 17:06,
I couldn't bring a deer down with an air rifle,..and deer would be my main meat source,.. the point I would like to make is that you buy the weapon to suit the environment in which you aim to hunt in,... if you are looking at rabbits in a local field, then an air rifle is good, if you are looking at pest control than an air rifle is good,... if like me you would be after larger game, deer being the most numerous animal in my area,..then it would have to be a broadhead arrow
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 March 2013, 18:12,
(2 March 2013, 17:06)Highlander Wrote: I couldn't bring a deer down with an air rifle

Change your air rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0XVa5oyMU
2 March 2013, 19:12,
(2 March 2013, 18:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
(2 March 2013, 17:06)Highlander Wrote: I couldn't bring a deer down with an air rifle

Change your air rifle.

Big Grin,.. yes,.. if only.........
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 March 2013, 23:57, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2013, 00:04 by Scythe13.)
(2 March 2013, 19:12)Highlander Wrote:
(2 March 2013, 18:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
Change your air rifle.

Big Grin,.. yes,.. if only.........

You and me both mate!

The more I think about this the more I believe 2 air rifles is the best thing for you.

If the air rifle is your number one go-to weapon, what would you want to have if it goes wrong? You'd want another one, right?

If you have a crossbow and that goes wrong, you're stuck with a load of bolts. Either have 2 rifles or 2 crossbows. That would be the most logical thing, in my eyes.
3 March 2013, 10:05,
personally i would say anything bigger than maybe a fox you should be looking at something with a bit more power than an air rifle.
Winter is coming
3 March 2013, 10:51,
(3 March 2013, 10:05)Hex Wrote: personally i would say anything bigger than maybe a fox you should be looking at something with a bit more power than an air rifle.

exactly...with an air rifle your talking SMALL game: squirrels, rabbits, pigeons, pheasants that sort of thing. anything larger than that your talking FAC.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2013, 11:50,
(3 March 2013, 10:51)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 March 2013, 10:05)Hex Wrote: personally i would say anything bigger than maybe a fox you should be looking at something with a bit more power than an air rifle.

exactly...with an air rifle your talking SMALL game: squirrels, rabbits, pigeons, pheasants that sort of thing. anything larger than that your talking FAC.

100% with you on this Bigpaul.

Its all very well people wanting to take larger game, but how realistic is it?

One or two people on this forum have access and experience enough to take larger game.

We very rarely see larger game animals, and never are they in reliable shooting range even of a FAC rifle. But we see heaps of small game that can be harvested with an air rifle (10-40 meters). After a melt down, small game will come to us, we will be able to harvest it with relatively quiet methods.

Large game hunting is wishful thinking for the majority of us.
conscius et paratum