Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blow pipes?
10 March 2013, 19:41,
RE: blow pipes?
blowpipes may be ilegal in uk, but.
theyve got to prove its a blow pipe, tell them its a digeredoo tell them its a wooden pipe,
just dont say yes officer its my blowpipe.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
10 March 2013, 21:00,
Is this any good to anyone...
http://www.instructables.com/id/Hunting-Blowgun/
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 March 2013, 21:06,
i found it usefull,
ive got to try that dart design, i might get more power. im not too bad at accuracy, but like i said before it wouldnt have been of much use.
but my darts were made with plasticine
10 March 2013, 21:22,
(10 March 2013, 19:30)JohnKent Wrote: Blow pipes are illegal in UK and come under the same regulations as guided missles

Isn't everything illegal in the mickey mouse country.

Do your bit to get them out. Buy your booze and cancer sticks from white van man. All tax legally paid and just like shops I know they pay their taxes on time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 March 2013, 22:20, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 22:24 by Luci_ferson.)
id like to know how mr plod can prove the piece of pipe im carrying is a blow gun, when i dont have any darts with me, isnt it just a piece of pipe.
and isnt that just 4 screws in my pocket. (theyre not ilegal)
neither is the paper cones in my other pocket.

its looking like that grey area of the law is a very dark shade of grey. hard to see.

isnt that just my walking stick thats hollow.

i suppose that would be pushing the boundary of a conceiled weapon,
but carrying a piece of plane pipe certainly aint ilegal.
11 March 2013, 12:11,
The Piano wire darts certainly have the edge on bamboo skewer darts as they have more weight and so carry more kinetic energy, another upside of wire shaft darts is that they last longer than bamboo ones, but the piano wire is harder to source but not impossible to find. I have used PVC pipe before but found it to be flexible/bendy at longer lengths 7ft.
Blowpipes are more efficient the longer they are, due to the longer pipe allowing the energy of your breath to work longer on the dart. It takes a bit of practice getting the breathing technique right, and even smokers will have no problem using a blowpipe.
The technique for using a blowpipe uses your Diaphragm.
Take a deep slow breath filling all your lungs, as you breathe in expand your stomach and take in as much air as is comfortable. Make a seal around the mouthpiece with your mouth, and with one motion tighten your stomach muscles and blow strongly and steadily down the blowpipe, you don't want a small sharp breath as this is not how to do it, the breath should be steady and for as long as you can. If you are getting it right the darts should leave the end of the blowpipe with a POP.
Using a blowpipe for half an hour or so is great Lung and Heart excersise as you will certainly ache until you have got used to it.
For small game and birds they are an incredibly cheap weapon to use maintain and run, and if you can draw these to your garden etc, with a cracked window all you need to shoot through blowpipes can be very stealthy. Poisons and blowpipes go together in the world in which they were designed, but for our/my purposes I think they are too much of a hazard to seriously consider using today, but post SHTF it's your choice.
11 March 2013, 19:56,
We used to knock up blowpipes in the w/shop for fun with seamless brass tubeing ( before health and safety got too serious and spoiled all the fun).They can penetrate deeply,we used 1mm steel wire cut down and ground a point on them.Chuck a paper cone on and away we went.Unless i got attacked by a phsycopathic barn door i had no hope of hitting the target,good fun though and defiantely worth experimenting with.