Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armour
4 March 2013, 17:00,
RE: Armour
How much is it going to cost & would it not be cheaper (taking into account time where you could be doing other things) to buy a covert bulletproof vest?
4 March 2013, 17:04,
(4 March 2013, 17:00)Geordie_Rob Wrote: How much is it going to cost & would it not be cheaper (taking into account time where you could be doing other things) to buy a covert bulletproof vest?

where the heck do you buy a bullet proof vest(especially in my size) without arousing suspicion??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 17:05, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 17:06 by Mandlaka.)
I will have to put it together slowly.
About a pound per plate so do it over a couple of months.

But I think it may be a good investment as most folks will not have guns but will be far more likely to possess blades...

That being said, the armour will only protect your torso and vitals but still leave other critical areas exposed (legs and the femoral arteries, neck and the carotids) for example...

Never an easy solution...*sigh*

(4 March 2013, 17:04)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 March 2013, 17:00)Geordie_Rob Wrote: How much is it going to cost & would it not be cheaper (taking into account time where you could be doing other things) to buy a covert bulletproof vest?

where the heck do you buy a bullet proof vest(especially in my size) without arousing suspicion??

I am very interested in the answer to this too. It would certainly save a lot of hassle...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
4 March 2013, 17:45,
a bullet proof vest is ok for someone living in a big city....probably mandatory!!Big Grin but i think for my situation..rural..surrounded by woods and fields...i'd rather have a ghillie suit..but where do you get one and in my size( 4XLFB!!!)Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 20:47,
The only armour I ever wore was in Northern Ireland,... we were trying out a new idea for men on the gates/checkpoints, who were out in the open and sitting ducks.

All it consisted of was a material Jacket with two 3/4 inch steel plates inserted front and back, they were quite heavy, but light enough for us to do our job in,.. walking, bending down, searching vehicles etc were all easily done, but they might prove too heavy if you were to run any distance.

They worked though, one guy was hit with a bullet, which made him stagger, but no problem for the steel plate
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 March 2013, 20:49, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 20:50 by Bucket.)
(4 March 2013, 17:45)bigpaul Wrote: a bullet proof vest is ok for someone living in a big city....probably mandatory!!Big Grin but i think for my situation..rural..surrounded by woods and fields...i'd rather have a ghillie suit..but where do you get one and in my size( 4XLFB!!!)Big GrinBig Grin

there's a site from the US that does them up to 62" (I'm getting a 54" made at the moment)

until it's ready sticking with the diamond plate sandwich board, and metal bucket on the head.

do'h forgot site- http://www.bulletproofme.com/ProMAX_Vests.shtml.

numpty.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
4 March 2013, 20:54,
wow that would be fairly big sizes.

As to those 3/4 inch steel plates, those would be seriously heavy for anyone to wear.

I'll still proceed and order enough plates to make a big enough section to run some tests on.
Impact, piercing etc.

Keep you updated.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
4 March 2013, 21:18,
(4 March 2013, 20:54)Mandlaka Wrote: wow that would be fairly big sizes.

As to those 3/4 inch steel plates, those would be seriously heavy for anyone to wear.

I'll still proceed and order enough plates to make a big enough section to run some tests on.
Impact, piercing etc.

Keep you updated.

The steel plate were heavy, but we didnt have them long, although I never wore them, they later brought out another type of armour, simular to the type in this link,.... maybe the same for all I know

http://www.ramcjournal.com/2001/feb01/cannon.pdf
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 March 2013, 21:27,
I think it more likely i would invest in Stab / slash proof clothing
http://www.bladerunner.tv/

4 March 2013, 22:05,
(4 March 2013, 21:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think it more likely i would invest in Stab / slash proof clothing
http://www.bladerunner.tv/

I think that would be the first thing that would be good post RWOL as most people will be using improvised weapons or kitchen knifes