Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gnashers Gegs and Trumpets
5 March 2013, 16:37,
RE: Gnashers Gegs and Trumpets
(5 March 2013, 14:35)preservefreak Wrote: I don't wear glasses yet but probably will have to in the future, and H wears them now so something to look into, thanks for the idea

Was the " something to look into " pun intended ? Smile
5 March 2013, 16:39,
glad someone spotted it ^^
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
5 March 2013, 17:50,
I wear glasses for reading, and I have glasses everywhere,.. I have a pair in every room except the toilet, I have a pair in the garage, and a pair in the car,..I also carry a pair for work and an emergency pair in my best jacket

I just got sick of having to go and find a pair when I needed them, so this was the best option
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 March 2013, 17:59,
I've got a couple of false legs stashed away, just in case!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
5 March 2013, 19:49,
Quite a timely post, this one. Over the winter I noticed that I was struggling reading the very small print in my A-Z (old school, bugger prat nav), especially under electric light, so I booked a visit to the opticians. Upshot is, I'm picking up my first ever reading glasses (and spares) on Saturday. So starts the long slow slide into decrepitude.Cool
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
5 March 2013, 22:24,
(5 March 2013, 19:49)Ranger Wrote: Quite a timely post, this one. Over the winter I noticed that I was struggling reading the very small print in my A-Z (old school, bugger prat nav), especially under electric light, so I booked a visit to the opticians. Upshot is, I'm picking up my first ever reading glasses (and spares) on Saturday. So starts the long slow slide into decrepitude.Cool

Sir if you get the chance and option and the cost is not to prohibative I can honestly reccomend getting a pair of polarised prescription shades, I did and I think I use them probably slightly more than my ordinary specs, the polarised lenses make a helluva difference for me when driving, out and about in bright sunshine, when near water, under floyrescent lights like in shopping malls, and especially in light at dawn and dusk when the sun is low in the sky. When I get new specs every two years I get one pr ordinary specs and one pr polarised shades.