Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air pollution in UK cities IS affecting health
7 March 2013, 11:48,
RE: Air pollution in UK cities IS affecting health
i simply hadnt considered air contamination of any sort, which for someone living on teeseide surrounded by chemical plants, that was a pretty dumb thing to miss out.
so im highly appreciative of this article.
id have never have thought of it otherwise.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 March 2013, 11:51,
(7 March 2013, 11:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: BTW if pollution is that bad in places like London now in normal times just imagine what it would be like with million of motorists stuck in mega traffic jams all trying to leave the city just sat for hours with their engines running., Theres no ferkin way I would expose my kids or wife to that level of airborne crap.

I think that's called rush hour haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 March 2013, 11:52,
Look up on a clear day from say the American diner on the A19 or from the roadside near Teesside airport or from the hillside at Ostmotherley and on a calm day you can still see a layor of supher dioxide turning the air slightly yellow. The high cliffs at Saltburn and the lowland at Hartlepool cause a micro climate in which the pollution just circulates round and round.

7 March 2013, 11:53,
How is it bollock? if you can walk there quicker than you can drive im going on foot, people use there cars for the most pointless of trips.
7 March 2013, 11:55,
(7 March 2013, 11:53)Metroyeti Wrote: How is it bollock? if you can walk there quicker than you can drive im going on foot, people use there cars for the most pointless of trips.

Totally agree.

If you live in Bristol, you don't need a car to get around the city. A bike would do, perfectly well. I used to run everywhere in Bristol when I was living there.
7 March 2013, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 11:56 by Luci_ferson.)
i think its the definition of most that caused the bollocks.
your definitions of most is different.
a lot of workers do need their cars .
but there is so many in citys that dont as they never travel more than a mile or 2.

where i live there is about 1 in every 50 that really need their cars. other than that its just a large petrol guzzling shopping basket.
7 March 2013, 11:56,
(7 March 2013, 11:55)Scythe13 Wrote:
(7 March 2013, 11:53)Metroyeti Wrote: How is it bollock? if you can walk there quicker than you can drive im going on foot, people use there cars for the most pointless of trips.
Totally agree.

If you live in Bristol, you don't need a car to get around the city. A bike would do, perfectly well. I used to run everywhere in Bristol when I was living there.

Having said that, on a lazy day, I would drive haha. But that's on a lazy day, and they were few and far between.
7 March 2013, 11:57, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 11:58 by Luci_ferson.)
everything i need is within 3 miles in one direction or the other, i have no use for a car.
even the hospital is only 5 miles away.

sadly there is many like me but they own a car, like its a status symbol to block the road outside of school
i set off walking as they get into there cars, and i get there before them. its nuts.
7 March 2013, 12:01,
My son informs me that a reasonable amount of our youth sub culture now apparently EDCs much of the equipment we often use such as Face masks, filter bandanas, tactical belts, heavy boots, goggles, paracord bracelets, necklaces etc.
he suggests this weird video for an insight.

I love the goth babe at 1.30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTlArkmvVHI

7 March 2013, 12:04,
filter bandana ? il have to look into these. not much but be better than nothing.