Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus and You
25 May 2013, 22:56,
RE: Virus and You
With regards to TB being rife down south, I know for a fact that at least in Northumberland they don't immunise children for TB anymore and haven't done for the last 8 years, so if an outbreak of TB did occur on a much wider scale then our young would be susceptible to it.
26 May 2013, 09:12,
MG The UK govt has a selective innoculation program for TB but they are focusing on innoculating the Asian community as its most prevalent among them, but they deem their non asian neighbours as not worth bothing with, This I dont understand as the asian community are more likely to have resistance and immunity to TB as they have been exposed to it for generations but the Brits have not as it was wiped out in the UK in the 60s??

26 May 2013, 10:29,
(26 May 2013, 09:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: MG The UK govt has a selective innoculation program for TB but they are focusing on innoculating the Asian community as its most prevalent among them, but they deem their non asian neighbours as not worth bothing with, This I dont understand as the asian community are more likely to have resistance and immunity to TB as they have been exposed to it for generations but the Brits have not as it was wiped out in the UK in the 60s??

not quite wiped out NR, my mother died of TB in 1985...well she was 75!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 May 2013, 14:54,
Selective inoculation, pah what a joke...what that really means is they don't inoculate as standard now at all. Come a serious outbreak, they go in & inoculate people.

This foolhardy policy has seen T.B become newly resurgent, & drug resistant to virtually all our antibiotics, what a wonderful idea.
26 May 2013, 20:43,
lock down mode for us, its a discipline ...but a necessary one, in my view plain and simple