Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To FAC or not to?
25 August 2013, 15:13, (This post was last modified: 25 August 2013, 15:17 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: To FAC or not to?
Look you do it your way and I'll do it mine I'm sick to death of of trying to justify my own personal beliefs to people who cannot see past thir own justifications.

Police, Customs, Coast Guard, TA, Regular Army, MOD police, Home office police, Council enforcement officers, Court officers etc etc ad infinitum are all listed under the emergency powers act to enforce war laws,(I've still got that picture of a traffic warden with an SLR in my files) I'm more than happy to leave those people who trust the state and have an FAC, it reduces the chances of them crossing my path.

25 August 2013, 15:36,
(25 August 2013, 15:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: I've still got that picture of a traffic warden with an SLR in my files

Huh That's from a film, not real life. You do understand the difference Huh

WaylanderCool

Tongue
25 August 2013, 15:56,
(25 August 2013, 15:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'm more than happy to leave those people who trust the state and have an FAC, it reduces the chances of them crossing my path.

By a tiny fraction of a percentage. The % increase in advantage they gain destroys any tiny advantage.

Emergency powers can be delegated to a lot of people. In a SHTF scenario, some of them would be dead, some not able to work, some not able to get to work, some looking after others, some just deciding not to go to work and everyone that gets to work and gets a sherrif badge out of the 20p bubble gum machine, they will be to busy trying to save everyone else whilst being hampered by bureaucracy and poor management.

You are not going to change your mind over this, I am not going to change mine. The fact is tho, in the long term, their is a tiny % chance I might disadvantage myself, but in the short term, I am giving myself a massive advantage, shooting game, being given access to land that most will never have the chance to walk across and getting to know a lot of people who have similar outlooks on the outdoors and personal responsibility.
25 August 2013, 16:35, (This post was last modified: 25 August 2013, 16:36 by NorthernRaider.)
(25 August 2013, 15:36)Waylander Wrote:
(25 August 2013, 15:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: I've still got that picture of a traffic warden with an SLR in my files

Huh That's from a film, not real life. You do understand the difference Huh

WaylanderCool

Tongue

Yup and I remember the TV program that debated why THREADS was banned for years because it exposed to many of the draconian war laws the govt had in place for times of emergency.

(25 August 2013, 15:56)BDG Wrote: You are not going to change your mind over this, I am not going to change mine. The fact is tho, in the long term, their is a tiny % chance I might disadvantage myself, but in the short term, I am giving myself a massive advantage, shooting game, being given access to land that most will never have the chance to walk across and getting to know a lot of people who have similar outlooks on the outdoors and personal responsibility.

Very true and I can do exactly the same with air rifle, snares, bows etc absolutely silently.

25 August 2013, 16:46,
(25 August 2013, 16:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yup and I remember the TV program that debated why THREADS was banned for years because it exposed to many of the draconian war laws the govt had in place for times of emergency.

That must have been a very interesting debate. Especially as THREADS has never at any time been banned in the UK.

WaylanderHuh
25 August 2013, 17:00,
Yes - THREADS was never banned.

What WAS banned for many years was Peter Watkins' THE WAR GAME
25 August 2013, 19:13,
Oh sorry my mistake, I'll go and kill myself it may just satisfy you bunch of annoying fuckers for five fucking minutes.

25 August 2013, 19:25,
@NR

MWA -
25 August 2013, 19:30,
(25 August 2013, 19:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: Oh sorry my mistake, I'll go and kill myself it may just satisfy you bunch of annoying fuckers for five fucking minutes.

Someone has sand in their mangina Rolleyes

WaylanderCoolTongue
25 August 2013, 20:31,
(25 August 2013, 19:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: Oh sorry my mistake, I'll go and kill myself it may just satisfy you bunch of annoying fuckers for five fucking minutes.

Probably best you don't have a FAC.

Are these incidents the reason?