Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you need
11 March 2013, 14:29, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 14:31 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: How long do you need
i really need more space.
glad i havent actually started building the shed/home im gonna need atleast an extra 2 ft to the width, Space was already a little tight.

i cant go bigger than 10ft by 12ft, may as well just go straight to that.

so much for trying to keep it as small and as shed looking as possible
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
11 March 2013, 22:51,
The only bottled water I have is about 20 bottles, left over from last year when our power went out for 6 days,... it was a mini survival test, some food was taken from storage, we have a generator that runs most of the house,....and water would have been taken from water butts and boiled if we wasn't able to get the bottled water.

.... but, I don't have any plans to store bottled water, they just take up more space than I have available,.. so my water needs are water butts outside,.. the climate we have here, its being refreshed regular
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 March 2013, 22:56,
so you had same plan then, just filter the rainwater that you catch from all your buildings roofs.
for me in 2 water buts at home, and in a 1000l container at allotment since il need more there for plants in dry summers.

i feal better now, i thought i was missing something.
11 March 2013, 23:13,
I also plan to take the hose that feeds one of the rain water butts, and place it inside a slightly larger diameter hose, which is then fed into the house through a window.

The one down side to water butts, if it rains a lot, then you lose a lot, so when the water butt is full, feed it into the bath/ kitchen sink / containers etc
12 March 2013, 00:31, (This post was last modified: 12 March 2013, 00:37 by Luci_ferson.)
good idea i plan on having two waterbuts, one installed outside now.
and one ready to install adter the shtf
the one after tshtf will go in upstairs bedroom and a small pipe will go out through the wall and atach to the drain to collect water (no-one will see it or know i have it)
once the one outside is low enough top empty i will bring it inside and put it in the bedroom with the other but otherside of room to displace the weight.
that would then be piped to the others overflow.
then that ones overflow i will put a hose on so i can decide wether I want overflow to go outside or if I want to collect more in the 3 big black bins i have.
but thats just the water plan for the house. Smile

at the allotment i want a 1000l container, and above it im going to build a rain canopy to stretch the bottom of the allotment (about 25ft) and it will be abou 8 ft wide, il attach guttering and pipe it to the container. or atleast thats the plan if i can get a container delivered
then im gonna build wood round the countainer, (removable pannelling) with gardeners blackout cloth between the wood and the container so I dont get brown water syndrome.
light on stagnant water makes it go yukkie , and thats not just the algae blooms lol
12 March 2013, 14:52,
I'd be able to last inside until the toilet paper ran out, and then I'd have to go out searching and raiding haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 March 2013, 10:19,
i wouldnt want to get shot for a toilet rollBig Grin what about kitchen paper or what the war generation used, strips of newspaper?Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 March 2013, 20:11,
There's an item being marketed here called a WaterBOB. It's a plastic liner with a filler pipe and a pump which can be placed in a bathtub and filled with water in an emergency. We have one for each bathtub. Here's the link:
http://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do;jsess...BA54D8E1CC

I hope this is of some help.... JP
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
14 March 2013, 21:15,
...you wouldn't know this, but the waterbob has been brought up before, and although most like the product, not many are willing to pay £50 for it
15 March 2013, 17:36,
(14 March 2013, 21:15)Highlander Wrote: ...you wouldn't know this, but the waterbob has been brought up before, and although most like the product, not many are willing to pay £50 for it

Good grief! I bought mine for $20 each!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!