Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you need
9 March 2013, 21:06, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 21:06 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: How long do you need
its building work im waiting on doing dude.
cant build it in rain dont want the wood getting wet before its covered and sealed.

but yup i see the funny side.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
10 March 2013, 01:20,
Glad you seen the funny side. I just had to point out the irony. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 March 2013, 08:07,
been prepping food , water, (we also have fuel stored, are off grid and have a secure bol with a secondary bol if required) etc on a full time scale for 8 years but would not consider myself full prepped ! there is always something we have forgotten or need to start prepping ! for instance only recently started to reload my own ammo ( yes i have ammo stored but the legal amount i can store in each caliber would not last that long when tshtf) also just stared looking in to respirators and nbc suits, oh also mentioned toilet paper ( ok a luxury) but never crossed my mind , the fact is we will never be 100% prepped
10 March 2013, 08:52,
you dont have to be 100% preppe3d to get to a stage where you can feal comfortable, and be sure youve just about covered it.
some people probably feal prepped, when theyre walking around with half a pack of wine gums and a condom.
10 March 2013, 11:46,
Even if you only have a packet of wine gums and a condom you are still better prepared than most as you have thought about it and started. Your thoughts are about what you can do and you have that head start.

Obviously the more you have the less the risk but getting started is the main thing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 March 2013, 11:49, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 11:50 by Luci_ferson.)
everything needs a beggining and an end. the bit inbetween is the fun stuff.

hopefully wel get enough of the fun stuff done, to make the end not ours.
10 March 2013, 13:12,
At the moment I'd be comfortable at home for a few days, maybe a week. Beyond that I'd start having food and water issues.
If I don't stay at home my GoBag would give me about 3 days by which time I hope to have found somewhere to hole-up, I have a selection of tools in the bag for getting in and out of places as well as trapping and foraging, not a comfortable life but but I've done it before.
My current priority is more food and water & a crossbow for the 'BigOutBag'.
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now.....
10 March 2013, 13:32,
your military training puts you in a position where very little can be required , especially if your single. (no other responsibility)
there is others here in similar circumstances.
what I can do with 3 sticks and 2 pieces of string with a bit of sticky tape, you could probably do with a cocktail stick and spit lol
10 March 2013, 23:48,
I'm still quite unprepared even though I have been prepping a while now. It's due to a combination of lack of spare funds & also a wife who still isn't quite onside (although she is getting better).

I have alternative heating (for a short while) in the way of calor gas heater & 2 full 15kg bottles + the bottle being used in the heater now. Alternative cooking via camping stove & 4 camping gaz large bottles (3 full, 1 part used). Also numerous packs of hexy blocks & hexy stoves & also the stove kindly given from beardyman via his gift it idea. Got myself 350 (if I remember correctly) tealight candles plus 4 x poundland lanterns so there isn't the naked flame in the open where kids are. Various torches, headlights, lanterns (battery powered & paraffin) plus tons of spare batteries in various sizes for torches & headlights.

Foodwise I have about 2 weeks of tins for 4 people if we stretch it out plus whatever is in the kitchen cupboards, fridge & freezer. This is my major weakness as my wife doesn't see the point in stocking up, despite all I've told her & shown her. I plan on getting more but I need places to stash it.

Bit of a wait for the results but I also do a lot of growing veg, however my seeds are hybrid types so once gone, I'm buggered. I've got all the associated gardening tools, pots & composter as well to help for this.

Water - got the bathtub, pans & 2 x 25l jerrycans (plastic for water). Planning on installing at least 1 water butt during the course of the year. Ideally I'd like 3 or 4 as I garden as mentioned above. Does anyone know how long commercially bottled water is good for if stored in a cool dark place?

Right now if anything major was to happen then to put it bluntly, I'm screwed Smile I reckon I need another year at least to be ready to attempt to face any situation but ideally longer.
11 March 2013, 00:08,
you dont sound screwed to me Geordie_Rob
sounds like you got most of the stuff that you really really need .
and the rest would come as it was needed,
Sounds like your about where i am.
right down to the misses that isnt fully onboard.