Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cow Juice
10 March 2013, 13:20,
Cow Juice
Can anyone recommend a powdered milk that can be spooned into a brew as well as used to make up quantities of milk, and doesn't taste like ****?
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now.....
10 March 2013, 13:22,
RE: Cow Juice
(10 March 2013, 13:20)24942895 Wrote: Can anyone recommend a powdered milk that can be spooned into a brew as well as used to make up quantities of milk, and doesn't taste like ****?

no sorry it all taste like crapSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
10 March 2013, 13:31,
Crap now but the nectar of the Gods when the real stuff is unavailable. Try different ones and pick the best.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 March 2013, 13:51, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 13:54 by Luci_ferson.)
ive got uht milk stored away, (lots) it has a year on the shelf life.
they were all bought on different weeks
we just rotate it whenever one comes close to date.
granted it aint enough to last a full year if used for everything . but only used on certain things it will last about a year.
ive got powdered milk also , but its not the nicest of things
Im classing milk as a luxury, if i have to leave the uht I will ( its heavy) weve always got the powdered to fall back on.

(10 March 2013, 13:22)Barneyboy Wrote:
(10 March 2013, 13:20)24942895 Wrote: Can anyone recommend a powdered milk that can be spooned into a brew as well as used to make up quantities of milk, and doesn't taste like ****?

no sorry it all taste like crapSmile

agreed but sadly uht is heavy and not easy to transport in a hurry, it also takes lots of space.

powdered has its uses.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
10 March 2013, 13:56,
(10 March 2013, 13:51)Luci_ferson Wrote: ive got uht milk stored away, (lots) it has a year on the shelf life.
they were all bought on different weeks
we just rotate it whenever one comes close to date.
granted it aint enough to last a full year if used for everything . but only used on certain things it will last about a year.
ive got powdered milk also , but its not the nicest of things
Im classing milk as a luxury, if i have to leave the uht I will ( its heavy) weve always got the powdered to fall back on.

I thought of UHT just now when making a brew, I initially thought of those tiny little one-shot containers. I think a few litres of UHT in the stores will get me through a few weeks at home, if I'm buggering off into the sticks it'll be a few packets of coffee/sugar/milk combined, then water (unless I can get my hands on some cows).
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now.....
10 March 2013, 14:03,
we use UHT milk,(rotated) i dont think it will keep for a year, bought some last week and i see it is dated August...so probably 6 months at best, had one of Lidl's UHT milk go OFF after a few weeks, it has to be refrigerated after opening and used up within 3 days, so maybe best not to rely on it solely, best to have a back up store of dried.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 March 2013, 14:04, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 14:05 by Luci_ferson.)
we just bought a box of 6 cartons , then 2 weeks later another box of 6,
then 2 weeks later another box of 6
always making sure the dates were higher.
I now have 8 boxes of 6 and counting.

bigpaul is right about being carefull, for uht some actually has a pretty short shelf life, some only 3 months

aldis is same as lidls, very short life
10 March 2013, 14:16,
i usually buy 15 at a time-once a month with a "back up" supply of another 10, making 25 in all, this will last us 2 months in an emergency, then we go onto the dried stocks!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 March 2013, 14:22,
Just learn to do without it now.

Alternate having brews without milk and maybe sugar as I do.

Tastes weird at first but after a while you can take or leave sugar and milk.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
10 March 2013, 14:26, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 14:28 by Luci_ferson.)
(10 March 2013, 14:16)bigpaul Wrote: i usually buy 15 at a time-once a month with a "back up" supply of another 10, making 25 in all, this will last us 2 months in an emergency, then we go onto the dried stocks!Big Grin

I plan on using the uht for some things and powdered in all the places it dont matter.
so the uht dont all run out too quick.

(10 March 2013, 14:22)Prepper1 Wrote: Just learn to do without it now.

Alternate having brews without milk and maybe sugar as I do.

Tastes weird at first but after a while you can take or leave sugar and milk.

i can drink tea and coffee without sugar or without milk, it has to have one or the other in.