Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB watching you
18 March 2013, 21:45,
RE: BB watching you
Not really on topic, but I'll share anyway.

Bloke who works in the same building as I do, but for a different company got cought by one of these CCTV cameras recently. He stopped on double yellows at 03:30 to run into McDonalds to grab a burger. Not one car passed his during the 5 minutes he was inside, and no pedestrians either. 3 days later he got a "parking ticket" through the post. They'd used the CCTV camera to prove that he had parked illegally, so now he has a £60 fine to deal with!

He has his revenge planned though - he has a 1w laser pointer, a green one. He was most curious when I told him what a laser beam (especially a 1 w laser beam) does to a camera lense. And these CCTV cameras aren't cheap. I wonder how long the local authority could afford to keep replacing them before they give up?...

Wink
18 March 2013, 22:53,
The fine was not for parking.

It was for violation of your National health care standards by eating at Mickie-Dees.
19 March 2013, 20:48,
(18 March 2013, 17:12)BeardyMan Wrote: The UK has more cctv cameras that the rest of Europe combined. We are the second it third most watched country in the world. Do we have the lowest crime rate? No. What does that tell you? CCTV isnt being used to solve crimes

I think I'm right in saying that we are actually the most surveilled country in the world. One of the reasons I am very grateful that I live in the sticks is that there are no cameras.
Power to the people!
20 March 2013, 09:27,
exactly! living in the country has its advantages, like our nearest CCTV is 25 miles away.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.