Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prepping IS timeless
22 March 2013, 16:35,
RE: prepping IS timeless
(22 March 2013, 16:32)Scythe13 Wrote: It's odd that so many have prepped, but few have lived an EOTWAWKI event.

The Depression was a TEOTWAWKI for a lot of people, so was WW2!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 March 2013, 16:43,
(22 March 2013, 16:35)bigpaul Wrote:
(22 March 2013, 16:32)Scythe13 Wrote: It's odd that so many have prepped, but few have lived an EOTWAWKI event.
The Depression was a TEOTWAWKI for a lot of people, so was WW2!!Big GrinBig Grin

I thought you called them "Temporary Blips" in another post?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 March 2013, 16:46,
(22 March 2013, 16:43)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 March 2013, 16:35)bigpaul Wrote:

I thought you called them "Temporary Blips" in another post?

cannot remember using that term!Big Grin WW2 wasnt temporary for the people who lived through it-including my parents and grandparents....dad served in the Royal Artillery, mum was in the telephone exchange in Barnstaple.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 March 2013, 01:11,
"prepping" used to be called common sense. i dont think many people (including myself) know anything about true hunger. thats a good thing. but i'm only seperated by one generation to having bombs falling from the sky. (grandfather served in 8th AF bomber group).

we've had a good run for quite a while, but as they say all goods things must end. history also shows this.

following is a quote by famine survivor Mrs. Liu recounting the winter of 1959 in northern China. Warning: if you are easily offended please skip this and go on to the next post.

"On the muddy path leading from the village, dozens of corpses lay unburied. In the barren fields there were others; and amongst the dead, the survivors crawled slowly on their hands and knees searching for wild grass seeds to eat. In the ponds and ditches people squatted in the mud hunting for frogs and trying to gather weeds..... The dead were left where they died because no one had the strength to bury them.....The silence was unnatural. The village oxen had died, the dogs had been eaten and the chickens and ducks had long ago been confiscated by the communist party in lieu of grain taxes. There were no birds left in the trees, and the trees themselves had been stripped of their leaves and bark. At night there was no longer even the scratching of rats and mice, for they too had been eaten or had starved to death."
23 March 2013, 10:11,
grandfather was an "old contemptable" from WW1, Dad served in RA, people who lived through WW2 didnt know when it was going to end, it probably seemed permanent to them. these days as one politician remarked people "dont know their born", and how well off they are. common sense seems to be a dirty word these days, why prep when you can get the state to look after your every need?? i think people need to read their history, every empire every civilisation there has EVER been has gone the way of the dodo, this current civilisation will not last forever, it just makes sense to prepare for when that happens, but the Sheeple, the straights, just dont get it.
23 March 2013, 11:36,
The OH child minding our grandson.....i watched as she made a ham roll ...our ham..and our bread roll...(home made )."i said why you taking them with you " ...she says ------ never got any bread in the house...i could not understand that at all ....she has been brought up better than that i shout !....but the underlaying thing about something that may sound trivial is BASICS.....its no wonder i worry for mine..and prep for them... they can,t even get the fu.king basics right in good times
23 March 2013, 12:27,
i think we've talked about common sense on the main page before, i just dont understand people who dont have a food store, even when i was unemployed long before i even heard the word Prepper i had enough food for a couple of weeks, i never actually ran out of food, but people these days dont keep much food( thats if you can call the stuff they eat FOOD) 3 days absolute maximum if your lucky, no back up heating, no back up cooking, if like at the moment in some places, the power lines go down or if the snow is bad delivery trucks cant get through then that 3 days worth wont get replaced..what then? but of course these people dont think about that.....like i said yesterday in another thread....people dont think outside the box....Big Grin
23 March 2013, 16:16,
Yeah BP that old chessnut COMMON SENSE
23 March 2013, 17:30,
Prepping is timeless, but sadly preppers have done themselves no favors,.. years ago when times were hard, there were far more preppers around, who quietly got on with the task of preparing for whatever it was at the time, they didn't brag, nor give themselves silly names, they would not talk about what they did,... they simply did it,... it was common sense

These day, we have `Doomsday` preppers, about the worse name any prepper could have come up with, be it reality or not, the public hear that and laugh, and right away we are a strange breed,... we have forums and telly programs, we have preppers who seem to want to be out there showing off and looking daft,..and once we got the reputation, we will never get rid of it,.... we are forever,.... weirdos Smile

....unless of course something happens
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 March 2013, 17:41,
(23 March 2013, 17:30)Highlander Wrote: Prepping is timeless, but sadly preppers have done themselves no favors,.. years ago when times were hard, there were far more preppers around, who quietly got on with the task of preparing for whatever it was at the time, they didn't brag, nor give themselves silly names, they would not talk about what they did,... they simply did it,... it was common sense

These day, we have `Doomsday` preppers, about the worse name any prepper could have come up with, be it reality or not, the public hear that and laugh, and right away we are a strange breed,... we have forums and telly programs, we have preppers who seem to want to be out there showing off and looking daft,..and once we got the reputation, we will never get rid of it,.... we are forever,.... weirdos Smile

....unless of course something happens

better to be a live "Weirdo" than a dead Sheeple!Big GrinBig Grin