Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it illegal?
26 March 2013, 16:56,
RE: Is it illegal?
It really sounds like you folk are not keeping your cops busy enough!

Or you simply have too many of them. I though you folk were in a budget crunch? Firtst thing we do in a budget crunch is fire useless cops!

Yours have way too much free time on their hands.

Cops should be overwhelmed with cases and paperwork.

You guys need to promote a system where every time they stop and question/search they must fill out a form showing probable cause. That would stop your mess in a flash.

Over here our stops are usually vehicle related. Some traffic violation gets you pulled over. The police are not as worried about weapons as they are about drugs.

The stops, other than radar enforced speeding violations, are usually youths between 16-40. Since that group committs 95% of the crime in this nation, and 85% of it is drug related, we have an unusual situation where it is a waste of time for a cop to stop anyone that looks over 40. Since the cops are constantly short handed they do not fool with stops they do not think will yield results.

There are no weapons shakedowns in my area. My state allows open carry of any weapon desired and if one wants a concealed carry permit the state must show reason to NOT give it to a law abiding citizen. You do not have to prove you need or diserve one. A weapon can be carried in ones vehicle without a permit of any kind.

I know that is an unusual concept to you but even with that system outside the major urban areas crime is very low. I live 30 miles from a major city and there has not bee a murder in my area in 2 years. Even that murder was a family issue gone ary.
26 March 2013, 18:56,
one of my mates used to get stopped and searched by the police while walking home every night after work. he used to do the late shift (finished at 11pm) at a petrol station about half a mile from his house, they had no reason to stop him other than that he wasin his late teens/early 20's. once he started taking names and numbers they pretty much stopped.
Winter is coming
26 March 2013, 20:21,
Problem with this country is if your a typical numpty with a record you get a slap on the wrist. If your normaly law abiding they give you harsh penalties.
31 March 2013, 23:18,
Not sure if this has been covered in the thread but the law basically says its illegal to carry any fixed or locking bladed knife unless you have a valid reason to do so. This means its perfectly legal for a chef to be carrying a case full of knives ranging from 3-14inches and including a cleaver as long as he/she is going to or from work but it is totally illegal for a person to carry an opinel penknife in their pocket whilst out for a pint. Most policeofficers will not stop and search unless they have a good reason to. Its unlikely that a prepper behaving responsibly would be stopped.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
1 April 2013, 13:02, (This post was last modified: 1 April 2013, 13:04 by Luci_ferson.)
I behave responsibly ( I think) and I get stopped roughly every 3 months.
once you start asking them for their details also though, their attitude changes,
it rarely results in a search.
just a simple exchange of identification.

and it can be dinner time, teatime, sunday midweek, the timing is random, not late night when you would expect it

I guess it depends a lot on where you live, and how you look.
probably just more to do with where you live.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
1 April 2013, 19:59,
Wow I obviously live in a bubble... or else I look so dull its not worth stopping me!! I carry all sorts from mulsti tools right up to my totally lethal looking machette.... so far never stopped
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
2 April 2013, 19:32,
Only time I ever got stopped in devon was for them to ask me to volutuntarily take part in an Identity parade. just to make up the numbers.
they paid me £15 for it so couldn't complain as I had nothing to do anyway.
then they gave us another £10 to sit another one on same day.

Maybe if I moved back to devon, I could make a living doing ID parades lol
2 April 2013, 19:38,
I saw a Policeman once!!!
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 April 2013, 19:39,
highlander everything about you just makes me jelous.
ive never been envious of anyone in my life.
Please can I be your guard dog or somtheing I work for scraps. sadly ive got dependant puppies.
2 April 2013, 21:07,
Luci highlanders dogs are fed on venison