Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set up are you going with?
25 March 2013, 14:13,
RE: What set up are you going with?
(25 March 2013, 14:08)Rush2112 Wrote: "The yanks have an awful habit of carrying the biggest knives possible..."

LOL, that is true Dojo. I've even fallen into that myself. The knives just look so cool in the store! Then I get it home and try to use it and realize it is too freakin big for much of anything other than cutting trees or running someone through.

Both of which are valid uses of big knives haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 14:24,
Bog knives can have their uses,
but since il never be planning on skinning a bear I think a 6 inch blade is sufficient for most things.
and for everything else ive got a small razorblade lock knife and an axe.
Cant really see me ever needing anything bigger, and if I do ive got a draw full of kitchen knives,
meat cleavers etc. take only 2 mins to cut the leg off some jeans and make a knife wrap to carry them in.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 15:41,
I am going to hover round the village in the giant woods in Bedfordshire. Momentarily popping in and stealing things from farms and houses etc. I am planning to loot farm buildings mainly because of tools, vehicles, and a shotgun if lucky XD
25 March 2013, 17:54,
I am leaning towards an INCH bag as I intend to bug in for as long as possible and if i ever have to bug out, becuase of my location (a pretty large town surrounded by larger towns) i doubt i will be able to return or if i can return i do not think my home will be as i left it.
25 March 2013, 21:30,
(25 March 2013, 15:41)Dojo97 Wrote: I am going to hover round the village in the giant woods in Bedfordshire. Momentarily popping in and stealing things from farms and houses etc. I am planning to loot farm buildings mainly because of tools, vehicles, and a shotgun if lucky XD

So you're planning to be a looter? I wonder what the owners of the farm buildings will think.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
25 March 2013, 21:47,
ive nothing against looters.
in fact im kinda hoping if the food situation gets too bad, then therel be a lot of looters.
Im gonna need something to eat lol.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
26 March 2013, 08:27,
(25 March 2013, 15:41)Dojo97 Wrote: I am going to hover round the village in the giant woods in Bedfordshire. Momentarily popping in and stealing things from farms and houses etc. I am planning to loot farm buildings mainly because of tools, vehicles, and a shotgun if lucky XD

If you're serious about this statement Dojo?

Anyone raiding stuff from my barns in world WROL, is indeed going to find a shot gun there, as you predict..... but they'll be on the wrong end of it. Know what I mean? I'm not being aggressive to you mate, just pointing out that if you are seriously considering this as a survival strategy, it could end badly for you.

It is fair to assume the existence of shotguns at farm houses. Its also fair to assume that their residents would have the skill, capability, and intent to use them to protect what is theirs.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2013, 08:59, (This post was last modified: 26 March 2013, 09:03 by Binnie.)
I think some people that are prepping for "the end of the world as we know it" think it'll be some cosy affair.

we'll all just sit around eating our rat packs, singing kum bah yah round the camp fire and having a jolly old time!

Trust me people get desperate, all that scoff youve stockpiled, to last you x amount of months/years will be gone in a jiffy once looters find out about it!

If i need to loot/steal/murder/pillage/plunder to survive, then i will do it. albeit as a last resort!

please dont take that the wrong way,

although most you wont admit it, you'd do the same

Oh, and for the record, one of my plans is to rustle cattle, free protein Big Grin
26 March 2013, 12:46,
(25 March 2013, 13:48)Scythe13 Wrote: I get where MB is coming from though. The population density is go big in the UK that it'll be difficult to get away from everyone else.

borrocks Scythe, in the big cities maybe, but both you and i live in the South West where, once you leave the cities, there is plenty of open countryside to get ourselves lost in-lost as in never found again-Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2013, 16:05,
It changes continuously really. Always different tools required for different situations. If it were just me I'd be happy with a few knives, folding saw, axe, tarp and hammock, some paracord (cause I don't think the stuff I could make would hold my fat arse off the ground) and a nice metal container to cook in.

Bring the 2 year old and the wife into the mix though and I'll be staying at home until I really have to leave.