Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set up are you going with?
2 April 2013, 11:26,
RE: What set up are you going with?
mini pry bar saves you snapping your other tools making them do something they not really designed to do I suppose.
il stick to my full size one. it doubles as a weapon lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
2 April 2013, 11:46,
Mine are more like small crowbars, have seen the flat type but not tried them. Crowbars also make usefull climbing tools, we used to bash holes in plaster walls and see who could climb the highest on our breaks when doing demolition work.
2 April 2013, 12:23,
(2 April 2013, 11:24)bigpaul Wrote: [quote='Binnie' pid='51946' dateline='13648944)

i keep seeing mini prybars on peoples kit lists? are they any use? i'm only asking as i cant imagine one single use for them, except opening dried milk tins and the like? (in which case i'd use a flatblade screwdriver on my multitool?

prybars of any size would be useful post SHTF for getting into unoccupied/abandoned buildings.....purely in a survival mode of courseAngel
[/quote]

yeah but i'm talking about mini prybars? the ones i've seen are only inches in length, you'd struggle to open a jewelery box with them i think!

yeah i've got a few crowbars knocking about, they don't quite fit in with my plan at the moment though
2 April 2013, 12:28,
ive got a mini one, and a full size.
and the mini one is in the shed.
the full sized one is in the kitchen where its to hand.
you can guess which one il be taking with me lol.
2 April 2013, 12:35,
thats pretty much answered my question lol, mini prybar removed from shopping list Big Grin
2 April 2013, 12:47,
I am staying put, and would only consider leaving if the situation deteriorated to the point where the water was going to stay off, and/or the total devastation of my area meant I had to leave.
If I had to leave I only have to go 15miles to my BOL by road and would carry all the supplies I needed to set up. If car travel was impossible my BOL is 12 miles by abandoned railway track, in which case I would use a 75litre rucksack for packing most of what we need, and make trips back to the house to get more gear (if I can). But for me to leave it would have to be TEOTWAWKI, anything else I think I could cope where we are.
2 April 2013, 13:33,
(2 April 2013, 12:47)Tartar Horde Wrote: I am staying put, and would only consider leaving if the situation deteriorated to the point where the water was going to stay off, and/or the total devastation of my area meant I had to leave.
If I had to leave I only have to go 15miles to my BOL by road and would carry all the supplies I needed to set up. If car travel was impossible my BOL is 12 miles by abandoned railway track, in which case I would use a 75litre rucksack for packing most of what we need, and make trips back to the house to get more gear (if I can). But for me to leave it would have to be TEOTWAWKI, anything else I think I could cope where we are.

same here TH and my BOL is only 8 miles away, if road travel is impossible we go via fields and woods alongside the river.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2013, 14:57,
i considered the rail track route and then decided against it.
the rail track route has the disadvantage of I imagine bandits would congregate on them.
a lot of people would try to use rail tracks to get long distances, as they are easy to follow, pretty level . and with no trains running they would assume they would be abandoned.
I reckon there would be loads travelling along them.
Bandits ( raiders )would probably consider that too.
straight across the fields and woods for me.
2 April 2013, 15:24,
i think TH means abandoned as in already abandoned right now.

some of them are well maintained walking routes, others are severely overgrown.

with any luck TH's are the latter

at least they are flat Big Grin
2 April 2013, 16:01,
(2 April 2013, 15:24)Binnie Wrote: i think TH means abandoned as in already abandoned right now.

some of them are well maintained walking routes, others are severely overgrown.

and some have been turned into cycle paths!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.