Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being careful about online communication
25 March 2013, 11:45,
RE: Being careful about online communication
I think a lot of people don't "get" that FB, Twitter, etc are public spaces. I'm sure that subconsciously people imagine they're in a private room with only their "friends" listening.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
25 March 2013, 11:56,
(25 March 2013, 00:25)Luci_ferson Wrote: if you knew half the stuff the mobile facebook app has access too youd never use it.
sick of trying to stop my misses using it
especially when it auto tags me as being with her in such and such a place.
id rather the world didn't know where I was stood.

if youv got the app on the phone, uninstall it and then reinstall it. read the agreement.
it wants access to your gprs. your phone book contacts. your entire directory. and your sms messages. I can understand it needing to send you an sms, but not read the ones from others.
why the hell does facefook need all that info.

even if her friends visit.
it comes up as at my house with me, and shows a map of where theyre at.
and if you try asking them to stop it or telling them youd rather it didn't do it.
they think your insane. its got to be ok cos everyone does it.
what harm can it do ?
well it urinates me off for a start.

There's a blanket ban on anyone "checking in" at my house. I do go a bit spastic when I find out some retard has willingly put my address online for the world to see. Not just the address, but a handy little map to my front door too.

I'm also sick to death of the wife telling everyone where we are ALL THE TIME! It's unnecessary, and it's definitely a form of mental illness / retardation.

It's gotten to the point where I set here a challenge the other day. If she can abstain from TardBook for the whole month of April I'll give her £100. Should she fail then I get £100 Big Grin I@ve got a little network of spies set up to monitor her account (let's face it, it's not hard) so I'll know should she log in.
I'm just trying to work out what I'm going to spend my pennies on Big Grin

If by some miracle she does manage it then fingers crossed it'll break her addiction and we'll be free to roam the countryside without every fucker knowing exactly where we are.
25 March 2013, 12:05,
Its the weather updates, eee its raining/snowing.

I dont understand why most people post stuff, it is like your being dumbed down so everyone can moniter you, well im off to the shops now, and for those without windows its cloudy with a little sun :p
25 March 2013, 12:15,
(25 March 2013, 12:05)Metroyeti Wrote: Its the weather updates, eee its raining/snowing.

I dont understand why most people post stuff, it is like your being dumbed down so everyone can moniter you, well im off to the shops now, and for those without windows its cloudy with a little sun :p

Don't forget to check in when you arrive, then post pictures of everything you've purchased.
25 March 2013, 12:19,
I dont understand the checking in busines I do believe you when you say your somewere no need to proove it. I would happly delete my account but non of my friends want to use pidgeons to comunicate
25 March 2013, 12:22,
(25 March 2013, 12:19)Metroyeti Wrote: I would happly delete my account but non of my friends want to use pidgeons to comunicate

But they'd not only get a message but a tasty meal to boot!
25 March 2013, 14:34,
thanks beardyman, glad to see its not only me that it drives nuts.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 14:41,
(25 March 2013, 11:56)BeardyMan Wrote: [quote='Luci_ferson' pid='51067' dateline='1364167533']

If by some miracle she does manage it then fingers crossed it'll break her addiction and we'll be free to roam the countryside without every fucker knowing exactly where we are.

that last line is funny. good luck beardy man. i feel your pain.
25 March 2013, 19:48,
I don't do FB
Don't tweet

Don't do much of anything except for comming on here and messing with you guys and a couple of other outdoor websites.

I just got my phone bill and discovered I have used the phone 12 minutes last month. That's a new high for me!

As far as knowing where you are????

There's GPS in the phone, GPS in the computer controls in the car, cameras at every store, bank and intersection. Not much potental for hiding anywhere.

Does the name Winston Smith mean anything to you?
25 March 2013, 19:49,
nah but george orwell does lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson