Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling fellow city dwellers
1 April 2013, 13:12, (This post was last modified: 1 April 2013, 13:14 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: Calling fellow city dwellers
ouch that was a long read.

not totally pointless, although it did lose track I gained things just from the debate itself.
even if it was only a better insight into some of the thoughts of others.
by understanding others better, we get a bigger picture of the world itself.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
1 April 2013, 16:43,
have had lots of conversations over the years on this subject, very interesting to see how people think and what their plans are WTSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2013, 18:09,
most of the people we will come across would be other preppers.
so its good to get a better view of other preppers thoughts.
helps us prep better.
4 April 2013, 23:18,
I am in Londonistan myself I thought I would be here years. When I was finally told about prepping I made a decision to join this forum. After months of being on here I made the decision if I was to take it seriously I had to move to places with more prospects of survival IE not a city. I look forward to my move from Londonistan in 2 months and wont be coming back to live in Londonistan anymore I am heading myself to the countryside where I grew up I look forward to my move joining lots of my items which have been already moved half way across the country by my fellow prepper housemate who I am joining in the countryside when he comes back from travelling. We both agreed we needed to move out of Londonistan. I prefer to look at it from this point of view surely in a place with less people you have more prospects safety wise with less around as theirs less people who can cause you harm.

I have lived in Londonistan for over two years it is far to crowded for my liking and come shtf you dont just have to deal with Preppers and normal people but also, Soldiers (many based in Londonistan) Police and many others which are much less to be found in the countryside. I saw some of the vehicles deployed for the London riots which I had never seen before which are strong vehicles what do you plan to do when they are deployed. during the London riots in the last few days their was police everywhere on every street corner this will return come shtf. Then what do you plan to do as this was not evan with soldiers out when they are deployed they will be everywhere at every point making it impossible for people to get around and if they decide to take what food supplies and items their is to aid them what do you plan to do if soldiers or police armed with assault rifles decide to come to your door resist and be shot? I have consider my options and decided to move for better prospects as I know my chances of survival in London come shtf would be measured in days or weeks not months and I want to give myself the best chance I can.
4 April 2013, 23:22,
good post Tdvsko . nice points about the riots.

good luck with your move, its definitely the right thing to be doing.
4 April 2013, 23:23,
Good for you,.. I am sure that you will make good in your new home, let us know how you get on
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 April 2013, 05:56,
(26 March 2013, 09:56)Nutmeg Wrote: I am new here but I dont think I am wrong.
I get the idea that all you think that survival in a city is to hard.

How many here live in a big city? There is so much to be found in a city.
Yes it is dangerous at times but to escape to the country would be impossible without crossing really bad parts where guns and knives are used every day. Even the police wont get out of their cars there during the day let alone night time.

Take London. From the center to outside is 20 miles minimum.
No tube, no trains, no buses, no car, and you want to walk out?
You must be joking. Use a bike? You really are joking now.

I would also be unsure how to live in the country.
Except for trips to the coast the countryside seems like open spaces with not much there.
Within a mile of me is all sorts of things. Hospitals, chemists, warehouses, shops. When you look at what I can find, and what you seem to want to eat (roots and berries), unless I cant breath the air, why move.

Most city livers know how to survive.
Street awareness? We call that everyday living.

Perhaps you need a section purely on city survival.
Meg.

Hi there Nutmeg,

I see your point there but for my self the greatest concern is not that you could not survive in a city it's more about the limited resources and the massive amount of people who along with you would be trying to get at them.

Also as I think was mentioned if there's an illness of any kind sanitation would go out of the window.

City's cannot cope with the amount of people they hold with out huge amounts of logistical help. Like a house of cards I guess, if you take just one card from the bottom the rest begin to fall.

There's a saying that we're only 3 days away from anarchy which I believe holds a lot of truth. My advice would be to have a little back up plan to use that three days to your advantage to move out of a population hub.

As for surviving in the country, quite simply we all had to start somewhere.
Buy a couple of pocket books about shelter, food and fire etc and you'll be amazed at what you can learn. Sure it'll be basic but its a start.

Hope this helps a little!
5 April 2013, 08:47,
(4 April 2013, 23:18)Tdvsko Wrote: I am in Londonistan myself I thought I would be here years. When I was finally told about prepping I made a decision to join this forum. After months of being on here I made the decision if I was to take it seriously I had to move to places with more prospects of survival IE not a city. I look forward to my move from Londonistan in 2 months and wont be coming back to live in Londonistan anymore I am heading myself to the countryside where I grew up I look forward to my move joining lots of my items which have been already moved half way across the country by my fellow prepper housemate who I am joining in the countryside when he comes back from travelling. We both agreed we needed to move out of Londonistan. I prefer to look at it from this point of view surely in a place with less people you have more prospects safety wise with less around as theirs less people who can cause you harm.

I have lived in Londonistan for over two years it is far to crowded for my liking and come shtf you dont just have to deal with Preppers and normal people but also, Soldiers (many based in Londonistan) Police and many others which are much less to be found in the countryside. I saw some of the vehicles deployed for the London riots which I had never seen before which are strong vehicles what do you plan to do when they are deployed. during the London riots in the last few days their was police everywhere on every street corner this will return come shtf. Then what do you plan to do as this was not evan with soldiers out when they are deployed they will be everywhere at every point making it impossible for people to get around and if they decide to take what food supplies and items their is to aid them what do you plan to do if soldiers or police armed with assault rifles decide to come to your door resist and be shot? I have consider my options and decided to move for better prospects as I know my chances of survival in London come shtf would be measured in days or weeks not months and I want to give myself the best chance I can.
your definitely making the right move, come SHTF Londonistan is not the place for survival, if TPTB will want to control anywhere thats the place, its their power base after all.
they dont have enough Soldiers or Police to control the whole country so the further you can get out into the countryside the better for you.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.