Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling fellow city dwellers
26 March 2013, 18:35,
RE: Calling fellow city dwellers
(26 March 2013, 18:23)bigpaul Wrote:
(26 March 2013, 18:11)TheFalcon Wrote: I agree with you BP
We know our chances are not good but we can only do what we can
If i get a offer to get out of this shithole im going to take their arm off to get out
But you lot in the rural areas have to realize that millions will leave the citys and come your way lets face it britain is a small island which is extremely overpopulated

yeah Falcon, we've all heard about the "golden hordes" but where the hell are they all going? i think a lot will get "taken out" in the first town they come too, more get taken out in the next town and so on, very few will actually make it into the real countryside, and with the weather we've all had recently none will survive. the country (of the UK) may well be overpopulated in Londonistan and the south east but there are places if one knows where to go where it is possible to disappear and never be seen again, heck i know places north of here where they still "eat the firstborn" and a stranger wouldnt last 5 minutes!Big Grin

I hope you are right BP just not about the firstbornTongue
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
26 March 2013, 18:39,
(26 March 2013, 17:27)Nutmeg Wrote: Ok, I get it.
Always a good thread to use this.
Instant snapshot of a forum.

It's the bit about "calling fellow city dwellers" some don't get.
A lot of other theoretical and self opinionated preppers answered.
Only a few who actually know city's.

Some have watched films, TV reports, read newspapers, loads of gore eh?
Cities are cess pits, people who live there feckless.
Retards that should curl up into a little ball and die.

Yep, got it, high levels of testosterone with a bit of straw chewing and absolutely no real idea of city life.

A large city is like a jungle. It's complicated.
If you know how to read it, survival is possible.
Take "Londonstan".
It has many flavors and colors. It changes through the day, the night, the year. Mostly it is self policing too.
Cross into an area where you are not known to cause trouble and get carried home in plastic bags.
Cross any area where gangs are rife and you'll be spotted in an instant and challenged.
Bit different to a little village in Bumsfield or wherever.
Apart from large city dwellers, have the mouthy lot got any F'ing idea what I'm on about? Probably not.

Last riots. What you didn't see was whole communities blocking off streets and beating the cr@p out of the idiots trying it on.
Afterwards, they just swept up the bits.

Only a couple of real large city dwellers answered that actually know what is involved with living in a big city.
Thanks for their replies.
If ever a forum needed a city survival forum, this puppy does.

Now across to abuse merchants to pour more scorn out and demonstrate their ignorance some more.

Wow, that's one hell of a post. You've just shown without a doubt you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. I've never seen it done so concisely in my life. Congratulations.

I can see where the 'Nut' nonclementure was given to you Big Grin

I'll leave you to your little fantasy world on this one
26 March 2013, 18:40,
IMO The risks of staying in a city are easily defined and has been discused several times. Yet, we are all in agreement that many will survive, just the wrong people and ones that will likely end our lives.

However, prepping is the way that we reduce risk and thus increase the chances of our surival. We are just working with lower numbers here.

So, its not that we can't prep it is that we have to target our preps. Think less about how we will become the grey man and more about being a ghost. Read tonights post on the main site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 March 2013, 18:49,
(26 March 2013, 18:35)TheFalcon Wrote: yeah Falcon, we've all heard about the "golden hordes" but where the hell are they all going? i think a lot will get "taken out" in the first town they come too, more get taken out in the next town and so on, very few will actually make it into the real countryside, and with the weather we've all had recently none will survive. the country (of the UK) may well be overpopulated in Londonistan and the south east but there are places if one knows where to go where it is possible to disappear and never be seen again, heck i know places north of here where they still "eat the firstborn" and a stranger wouldnt last 5 minutes!Big Grin

I hope you are right BP just not about the firstbornTongue
[/quote]
i'm right about that too! definitely" duelling banjo's" territory!Tongue as far as Devon is concerned its a long way from any large city, we are at the end of a very long travel corridor and Devon is made up of lots of rivers and river valleys-a bit like the fingers of your hand, you have to go up one to get down the next, take out a couple of main bridges or flood the floodplain and its game over ("John" did a scenario on this a long time ago i think its deep in the archives somewhere)
with the weather we have had recently 3 of the roads we use regulary are out of order and will be shut for months to come, 2 have fallen into the river and another had a major landslide, now if this was during TSHTF and nobody was coming out to fix them you can see how that would stop people from going anywhere-especially if they were strangers and didnt know the roads and byways in the first place. someone from a big city who dosent know how the countryside works wouldnt get very far.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2013, 19:00,
Quote:All going wrong and living in a city is not good.
I own a X7 Phenom so can make a mess of anyone and often do. That's why my friends call me Nutmeg. I paintball anything.

Big Grin

I rest my case

Cool
26 March 2013, 19:15,
(26 March 2013, 19:00)BeardyMan Wrote:
I own a X7 Phenom so can make a mess of anyone and often do. That's why my friends call me Nutmeg. I paintball anything.

Big Grin

I rest my case

Cool

you'll need something a bit better than that post SHTF-covering someone in paint aint going to accomplish much apart from getting them angry!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2013, 20:26,
(26 March 2013, 17:27)Nutmeg Wrote: ...A large city is like a jungle. It's complicated.
If you know how to read it, survival is possible.
Take "Londonstan".
It has many flavors and colors. It changes through the day, the night, the year. Mostly it is self policing too.
Cross into an area where you are not known to cause trouble and get carried home in plastic bags.
Cross any area where gangs are rife and you'll be spotted in an instant and challenged.
Bit different to a little village in Bumsfield or wherever....
flavors and colors... very romantic.

i live in the big city since i was 18yo. i also thought it is all about flavors and colors, just like the world in miniature.

but to just remind myself how ugly it could turn in a blink of an eye i try to imagine just one simple detail.
not the marauding gangs, not the possible infectious diseases, not even food shortages.

just a simple total blackout. just imagine: no lights, no tv, no cell phones, no internet, no home alarm systems, no cooking, no functioning refrigerators, no central heating, no running water, no WC !!!!
and who knows for how long?

even if you have fortified bunker with the loads of food stored, you can not live in your own filth for long, then you have to get out. and what is out there? the whole bunch of unpleasant things i've mentioned before power blackout.

so that is why years ago i've purchased old farm house with the 1,5ha of land some 100km from my big city
26 March 2013, 21:55,
What the F*** is going on here? I don’t get it.

Nutmeg is a new member of this forum. She has simply asked for comments from others city based preppers. Why all the antagonism?
If Nutmeg has decided ( or her circumstances dictate) to plan her survival in a city, that's her choice. There are many, many others who are in the same position.

Personally I don’t like city life, and the contemplation of trying to survive a societal collapse there is way too scary for me. Her choice is not the same as mine, but is equally valid, and I respect it. As should we all.

There is a wealth of first hand and received wisdom on this forum about the merits of planning survival in rural areas, but we are very light on knowledge ,ideas and solutions that will help those who are looking to find solutions for their personal survival in the cities. Those who have relevant knowledge should offer constructive advice, those who have nothing to contribute should stay silent.

As I am not a city dweller, and cannot offer constructive comment on city based prepping, this is the last post from me on this thread.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2013, 21:59,
(26 March 2013, 19:00)BeardyMan Wrote:

Big Grin

I rest my case

Cool

oh no, a paintballer Sad

in an apocalyptic britain, your paint gun won't do you mcuh good, get an airsoft gun instead Cool
26 March 2013, 22:35,
I have never used a paintball gun in my life but they do have good uses. Some bounty hunters in america use them with pepperspray/mace pellets. I dare anyone to get shot by one and not dive for cover. There is also wildlife in most cities rabbits/squirrels and the odd deer if your lucky. Also blackberries and plenty of other edible plants if you know where to luck. Think the city necropolis fear is fair enough, they do harbour far to many people, abd people cause problems