Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling fellow city dwellers
28 March 2013, 17:38,
RE: Calling fellow city dwellers
(28 March 2013, 17:33)Binnie Wrote: don't you need a firearms cert for full power air rifles though?

nope, "full power" is 12ft/Lbs no licence needed, anything over that power needs a FAC.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2013, 19:25,
For all I agree relying on a paintball marker as a defensive strategy is fated to leave you doomed, I do believe they could still be of some use. Such as someone taking a few unprotected hits to the face is going to know about it (especially if using reballs), while they are reeling from that it could give you the opportunity to follow up with a direct attack thus leaving your assailant permanently incapacitated.

They could also potentially be used for hunting small game. With the velocity cranked up they could act in a similar way to arrow blunt tips (alternatively known as bunny busters).

However the main reasons I would not consider paintball markers as a real option is
1) lack of real stopping power, yes it hurts like a bitch when your getting lit up but that won't kill you.
2) paintballs are made from biodegradable materials, meaning they have a shelf life. They also need to be turned regularly to prevent dimpling (reduces accuracy) and they need to be kept in a temperature controlled environment.
3) once your tank is empty, post SHTF your going to struggle getting refills.

Plus numerous other pro's and con's.
Winter is coming
28 March 2013, 19:42,
if you want something small and portable but LETHAL, see SLINGBOW on youtube! a catapult, a split ring, a couple of cable ties and a few arrows and your all set.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2013, 19:45,
The most important thing is to not be seen.
28 March 2013, 19:47,
(28 March 2013, 19:45)Metroyeti Wrote: The most important thing is to not be seen.

absolutely!!!
28 March 2013, 19:51,
Couldn't agree more BP Smile which is why I'll be adding a slingbow to my stores in the next few weeks, along with a few other homemade goodies Smile
Winter is coming
28 March 2013, 19:59,
(28 March 2013, 19:51)Hex Wrote: Couldn't agree more BP Smile which is why I'll be adding a slingbow to my stores in the next few weeks, along with a few other homemade goodies Smile

dosent have to be expensive, you can get a good catapult on Ebay for a few pounds, split ring and cable ties are a few pounds, arrows are a bit more expensive, i buy wooden Armex ones on Ebay usually in packs of 10 but you could start with a pack of 5-about £10 with the postage.
28 March 2013, 20:00,
how much practice do you need with a sling bow to get a good level of accuracy?
28 March 2013, 20:05,
(28 March 2013, 20:00)I-K-E Wrote: how much practice do you need with a sling bow to get a good level of accuracy?

its like anything else its getting used to it, if you use the split ring/arrow rest as a sight you should get accurate fairly quickly, if you watch the videos on youtube these things are pretty lethal. one of the guys on there said it would take down a small deer.
28 March 2013, 20:14,
I dont know,... but I again see myself on Megs side, and for more than one reason,... first of all she has been nothing but polite be she right or wrong, she like anyone else has her rights of opinion, yet there has been a few unfair remarks

I also admit that I dont know a lot about paintballing or paintball guns, I have watched a few you tube videos to try and get some idea before posting.

Many of us own air rifles and like the idea of using them come the time of the shtf , none of the air rifles are going to do any more than injure an opponent, unless you are very lucky, so on that score from what I know,..[and I agree its not much]...a paintball gun is as good a deterrent as an air rifle, both will make a man duck, and both will allow him to come back at you,..and yet most of us say we like air rifles

If I was on a low budget, and my hobby was paintballing, then I would try to use the means I have available to me, even if I knew that they were not the best defense in the world, they would at least help
A major part of survival is invisibility.