Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban survival with just a edc
28 March 2013, 15:49,
RE: Urban survival with just a edc
I found the vid helpful...gives you the ideas.....but as pointed out...thats why we hold our stores....but this will come later when they start running low but useful NTL
28 March 2013, 16:01,
i mean, if you can top up your stores whilst all the sheeple are running around panicking, then go for it, it will save you eating into your stores to begin with, but BE CAREFUL, do NOT put yourself in danger-better to come home empty handed then be killed or injured by some yob. talking about warehouses, was coming back from a trip to Somerset last tuesday, just after i got onto the M5(Junction 23) what do i come across? a stonking great MORRISONS delivery depot on the northbound side, anyone in that area might like to put that one down on their "resourses" list.Big Grin...bit too far for me in the event of SHTF but could be useful to someoneAngel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2013, 17:03,
You'd be amazed of the amount of food stored in local warehouses!

I did a stint as a forklift engineer, some rather boring looking buildings have some very exciting contents!

can't wait to get home to watch this video, no youtube at work Sad
28 March 2013, 21:05,
What this is very good for, is the person who finds himself in the city when something happens and its maybe going to take two or three days to travel out,... he would be able to live that way then, there would still be plenty to scavenge, and he would need shelter.

I think if this is what he had in mind, then he did very well, and practicing these drills is always a good idea
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 March 2013, 11:04,
yes, in that context some interesting ideas, like checking out the waste bins and getting up early before many people are about, but i'm a bit worried about the sleeping in a garage as if you are found you are in an enclosed space with a very small doorway, you could be attacked or burnt out.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2013, 11:41,
Yeah i wasnt that impressed, though hats off to him for drinking that water!!

it was a little too convenient that he found an unlocked lock-up if you ask me!
29 March 2013, 11:47,
(29 March 2013, 11:41)Binnie Wrote: Yeah i wasnt that impressed, though hats off to him for drinking that water!!

it was a little too convenient that he found an unlocked lock-up if you ask me!

yes, in the middle of a city that surprised me too but it was empty near a tower block so its probably council owned and nobody wants to pay the rent.Big Grin
29 March 2013, 12:22,
Youd be surprised how many are left open.also when your sleeping out you tend to be more restless and wake regularly either cold waking you up or noises.

Last year atajob I had to do foot patrols, one of the parts you checked was a railway arch. The council cleared some trees and left the ones they had chopped at the entrance. There was some cardboard placed behind the logs. For about a week noone was spotted in this tunnel then one night we went in and somebody sat up right like nosferatu abd gave me a fright. If the man in the vid didnt have the fire going I doubt anyone would know he was there
29 March 2013, 12:28,
(29 March 2013, 12:22)Metroyeti Wrote: Youd be surprised how many are left open.also when your sleeping out you tend to be more restless and wake regularly either cold waking you up or noises.

Last year atajob I had to do foot patrols, one of the parts you checked was a railway arch. The council cleared some trees and left the ones they had chopped at the entrance. There was some cardboard placed behind the logs. For about a week noone was spotted in this tunnel then one night we went in and somebody sat up right like nosferatu abd gave me a fright. If the man in the vid didnt have the fire going I doubt anyone would know he was there
i used to live in a city, the kids used to regularly "do" the council garages, they'd break in either through the door or drop down through the roof, once they'd got in their fathers would come in behind them and take anything they could nick and sell!!