Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect Yourself
3 April 2013, 09:39,
RE: Protect Yourself
As Beardy said, if you spray it, it's a weapon. By law it's considered biological assault even if you spray someone with deodorant!

As for Falcon's recommendation of Bear Spray....it's treated the same as pepper spray and considered the same as a firearm. I'm stunned it's on Amazon! Good find Falcon. Stock up while you can, unless it's empty and you're just paying for the canister and nothing inside.

There is the good old Ceramic Chopsticks in the hair trick. Or even metal ones. They'll cause some serious damage. Remember, go for the eyes. Even if they flinch, you can use that to buy time to stab them somewhere else.

Best form of self defence I've ever seen is probably the simplest......just run away! Although that's not always possible, a kick in the balls will buy you enough time to get a head start.

But let's be honest, how often have you been searched by the police at random? How often have you been assaulted? If your assault number is higher than the police searching number, then it might be worth getting a 'weapon' to keep you safe.

You can get some pretty cool stuff though. I'm sure there will be many things discussed on Beardy's meet in a couple of weeks. That'll be well worth going to. I'll do a quick 'weapons of self defence' since it's come up a few times.

There are some weapons that are totally illegal, but if you have them branded as a 'sex toy' you can get them confiscated, but not prosecuted for their ownership!!! Pretty cool hu?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 April 2013, 09:53,
(3 April 2013, 09:39)Scythe13 Wrote: There are some weapons that are totally illegal, but if you have them branded as a 'sex toy' you can get them confiscated, but not prosecuted for their ownership!!! Pretty cool hu?

Rampant Rabbit Puncher?

Have you just admitted to carrying a 12 inch black rubber cock round with you at all times? Wink Tongue Big Grin
3 April 2013, 10:08,
Well, thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I realise I am better equipped than I thought I was. I'm going to add a can of hairspray to my arsenal as well, and the idea of oven cleaning foam is brilliant. I guess it's a case of defend yourself first and then worry about what you did it with!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 April 2013, 14:30, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 14:31 by Geordie_Rob.)
(3 April 2013, 09:11)BeardyMan Wrote: Unfortunately anything you spray at someone (even in self defence) become an offensive weapon, so you're in trouble. But enough of the bullshit, you're all adults. Don't get caught!

Wasp spray is good, but that oven cleaning foam is even better. Read the instructions, you're supposed to wear goggles, gloves AND a face mask if you're using it. It's got some truly horrible chemicals in it, and would render the "victim" blind (possibly permanently) and give them some quite nasty burns.

I'm always cleaning my oven, normally at night. Just in case Wink

Ah, you must've ran out & were just returning home with a fresh tin when you were mugged & used the nearest object to hand as a weapon. You lost the receipt though & in the confusion, forgot which shop you bought it from Smile

(3 April 2013, 14:30)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 09:11)BeardyMan Wrote: Unfortunately anything you spray at someone (even in self defence) become an offensive weapon, so you're in trouble. But enough of the bullshit, you're all adults. Don't get caught!

Wasp spray is good, but that oven cleaning foam is even better. Read the instructions, you're supposed to wear goggles, gloves AND a face mask if you're using it. It's got some truly horrible chemicals in it, and would render the "victim" blind (possibly permanently) and give them some quite nasty burns.

I'm always cleaning my oven, normally at night. Just in case Wink

Ah, you must've ran out & were just returning home with a fresh tin when you were mugged & used the nearest object to hand as a weapon. You lost the receipt though & in the confusion, forgot which shop you bought it from Smile

Confusion above was meant to be altercation. Got to love apple's iPhone auto-correct.
3 April 2013, 15:43,
ammonia, they use it to bring peeps out of a K.o in boxing. thrie and smell some i dare u.....its impossible!! just as lethal with more stopping power. the thing with ammonia is the gas like smell it stanks. even a small amount sprayed on ones collar would make it hard to breath with out coughing. let alone a direct hit. but if your going to arm your self may as well do it properly. big shiney, chav skinning bowie (with lanyard loop for fighting) being female you would most proberly get away with the "its for my boyfriend, i was picking it up for him". i my self have an edc, i have bushcraft items including a 1 ft long machete witch i have converted the bevel of the blade to more of a razors edge. as long as its in my bag, if i was ever stopped and searched i will say i'm on my way to private land to practice my skills. if ever i'm mugged i will say "here have this c(*T"
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 April 2013, 16:06,
Ammonia is a good call, i took a whiff of anhydrous ammonia from about 2" away, i was out of action for 5 mins, crying pee smelling tears, it wasnt good!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
3 April 2013, 19:52,
People carry amonia in little squeezy lemon bottles, theres some charming people out there
3 April 2013, 20:01,
I have found one spray that is legal to carry,.. might well be worth looking at

http://www.c-p-p.co.uk/product/asp/ProdI...f/page.htm
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 April 2013, 20:36,
(3 April 2013, 20:01)Highlander Wrote: I have found one spray that is legal to carry,.. might well be worth looking at

That sounds pretty good, Highlander, I shall investigate. Might be worth keeping something like that in the car as well.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 April 2013, 20:57,
(3 April 2013, 20:36)MaryN Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 20:01)Highlander Wrote: I have found one spray that is legal to carry,.. might well be worth looking at

That sounds pretty good, Highlander, I shall investigate. Might be worth keeping something like that in the car as well.

I was reading that link all the way through, [ dont know if you have yet or not ]... but that stuff is able to spray up to 10 feet, that's quiet impressive
A major part of survival is invisibility.