Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect Yourself
3 April 2013, 21:05,
RE: Protect Yourself
(3 April 2013, 20:57)Highlander Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 20:36)MaryN Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 20:01)Highlander Wrote: I have found one spray that is legal to carry,.. might well be worth looking at

http://www.c-p-p.co.uk/product/asp/ProdI...f/page.htm

That sounds pretty good, Highlander, I shall investigate. Might be worth keeping something like that in the car as well.

I was reading that link all the way through, [ dont know if you have yet or not ]... but that stuff is able to spray up to 10 feet, that's quiet impressive

Yes, I read it right through and have bookmarked the page. I know a few people who might be interested. Thanks for the link.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 April 2013, 21:22,
when i had a car i would have a half baseball bat in the backdoor well and a baseball and glove in the other, incase of rd rage ide have the bat, and incase of stop n search its all legal. plus if your defending your self from with in your own car, as long as the item is "generally" legal in the first place, it would be hard for any prosecution to say you was in the wrong. never had to use the bat other than for fun in the field, but i always felt so much safer knowing that i was not only protecting my right of safety but i was also well with in the law. for e.g, you could carve up a nice, heavy thumb stick and walk with it. at the same time you could take martial arts classes learning how to fight with a staff. this way your legally and and always armed when your out.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
5 April 2013, 14:30,
(2 April 2013, 22:04)MaryN Wrote: It seems to me that much of the talk about protecting yourself centres around sthe ownership of weapons, be they guns, crossbows, knives or whatever. Although my OH is ex services and has "done that" "been there" etc. etc., as a mere female (!) I need to find something that works for me in difficult situations. Under normal day-to-day situations it is obviously illegal to carry weapons, and I do support this legal requirement. However, there have been and no doubt will be times when I need something to, at the very least, show I am not to be "tampered" with. Well, chaps, I've found it. Ever had a threatening wasp nest in your garden? It seems to me that a nice wasp-killing spray would be a very good option. Nice long reach, horrible smell and perfect for bumping off wasps. Unless of course anyone has any better suggestions?

i havent read this whole thread so please forgive me if some of these have been said already.

ive a little bit of experience dealing with concealed weapons and its amazing what can be hidden in a lass's handbag. some things can look totally innocent but used correctly can be devastating.

a boiled sweet style lolly held in a clentched fist with the stick poking through between your fingers will make a mess of eyes. Keys will have a similar effect.
refilable atomizer bottles girls carry for a quick spray of perfume, a bit of bleach or amonia in one of those wont do an attacker any good.
some of the hair brushes with bristles all the way round (im sure everyone has seen one at some point), well with some of those the bristle bit pulls away leaving a solid plastic core in the middle. im sure with some imagination something can be done with that Smile
pens or pencils.
hair pins

i could go on and on but the fact is, with a little imagination pretty much everything can be used as a weapon.

however some things are just a little less......legal........if your caught with them in weapon form Smile it can really come down to how much of a dick the copper is thats dealing with you.

the best advice i can give when choosing something to carry pre-SHTF is if in dout, leave it out. if you think you could get nicked for carrying something dont carry it unless your prepared to accept it might happen.
Winter is coming
5 April 2013, 15:02,
where I live its the women that mainly get searched on a Friday and Saturday night.
its pretty much same in Manchester and a lot of the cities.
TPTB know its usually the women carrying the weapon for a BF

im not saying that's anything like where you live or even relevant to you. its just something to think about to others that read the above post about what will fit into a lass's (womans)handbag .
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
5 April 2013, 15:05,
in some places the women are worse than the blokes.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 15:08,
(5 April 2013, 15:05)bigpaul Wrote: in some places the women are worse than the blokes.

Bigger built too!
5 April 2013, 15:08, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 15:09 by Luci_ferson.)
I was going to say that about here, but there could be other silent preppers from teeside, and they might be female so I didn't.

Smile theyre usually bigger than me
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
5 April 2013, 15:15,
(5 April 2013, 15:08)Luci_ferson Wrote: I was going to say that about here, but there could be other silent preppers from teeside, and they might be female so I didn't.

heck my 2nd wife was bigger than me, 6ft3 and 26 stone!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 15:19,
(5 April 2013, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 April 2013, 15:08)Luci_ferson Wrote: I was going to say that about here, but there could be other silent preppers from teeside, and they might be female so I didn't.

No one is bigger than Hagrid!!
5 April 2013, 15:28,
(5 April 2013, 15:19)BeardyMan Wrote:
(5 April 2013, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote:

No one is bigger than Hagrid!!
she was..and i loved every inch and every pound.