Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Law
3 April 2013, 22:42,
RE: Common Law
As soon as I seen god in there it lost it for me.

Each to their own but virgin births & talking snakes does nowt for me.
3 April 2013, 22:45,
lmao, nice one . that word has that effect on a lot of people.
that's another reason why it should be left out of Law.
People will automatically ignore it Smile
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
3 April 2013, 23:40,
It is still a start for duiscussion. I've been involved in a few of these discussions when I dabbled in politics and you would be surprised how many want religion put in and how many want their own pet ideas included.

I'm sure that we can build on this as a starter.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 April 2013, 00:32,
laws should be placed around morels and balance imoSmile
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 April 2013, 11:02,
I never said that the laws should still be based around god in a modern setting, I just copied the list of laws which were based around the rule of a god at the time of writing. Nowadays we wouldn't need a set of rules built around a god, so we probably could get rid of rules regarding idols or worshipping one god. Other rules like a day of rest could be kept, but not for religious purposes.

Also, the Magna Carta is part of the set of documents that make up our original constitution.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
4 April 2013, 11:12,
i think Wildmans right, any law or laws should be based on morals.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2013, 11:16,
Yup the moral of a day of rest although stemming from the bible " on the seventh day he rested "
is no longer relevant to the world as it is.

its madness for the whole world to be expected to not work on the same day.
as long as its 1 day that each person has not working, the day is irrelevant.

the original idea was so that on that day you could all congregate together as one.
creating a sense of community.

maybe that would still be needed in a new society. maybe its something we should never have changed in the first place.
but that's something men are now at an intelligence level to decide that for themselves.
and to write into law without need to mention god.

each small community could choose a different day as their day of getting together.

the only things needed in law is compassionate Reasoning which in short is Morals and a little bit of intelligence.
4 April 2013, 11:21,
All our so called rights are just that "so called", we do not have any rights at all, all we have is the illusion of rights. The fact we have an aknowledged constitution means nothing to Parliamentary power, or the power of Parliament to legislate in their favour through "statute" law.
The real key to understanding power is to realise that fear is the only tool TPTB have, the fear of having your door kicked in by black uniformed thugs, the fear of monetary violence upon yourself and family under the guise of "justice", this is the only tool they really ever possess, but it is the strongest one of all.
We do indeed have the "right " to own weapons for the defence of the realm and our personal possesions, but this was taken away from us by parliamentary statute law, backed up by severe penalties for disobeying it. Until the majority of the people wake up and start realising that you have to take your rights, rather than having them given to you nothing will change.
4 April 2013, 11:25, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 11:26 by Tibbs735.)
(4 April 2013, 11:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: All our so called rights are just that "so called", we do not have any rights at all, all we have is the illusion of rights. The fact we have an aknowledged constitution means nothing to Parliamentary power, or the power of Parliament to legislate in their favour through "statute" law.
The real key to understanding power is to realise that fear is the only tool TPTB have, the fear of having your door kicked in by black uniformed thugs, the fear of monetary violence upon yourself and family under the guise of "justice", this is the only tool they really ever possess, but it is the strongest one of all.
We do indeed have the "right " to own weapons for the defence of the realm and our personal possesions, but this was taken away from us by parliamentary statute law, backed up by severe penalties for disobeying it. Until the majority of the people wake up and start realising that you have to take your rights, rather than having them given to you nothing will change.
I think getting people to realize that will be far easier during the rebuilding after a collapse.

(4 April 2013, 11:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: All our so called rights are just that "so called", we do not have any rights at all, all we have is the illusion of rights. The fact we have an aknowledged constitution means nothing to Parliamentary power, or the power of Parliament to legislate in their favour through "statute" law.
I think getting people to realize that will be far easier during the rebuilding after a collapse.

Sorry, I keep messing up posts
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
4 April 2013, 11:36, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 11:39 by Luci_ferson.)
the rights you have given to you, are only to make you think your important.
the second they knock on your door your rights have vanished in the small print.
there is always a law somewhere that can over ride it. usually hidden under the guise of something to protect you from foreigners. ( anti terrorism laws)
they've just passed a law to stop circus children being educated whilst on the road.
but we can instantly see what else that law will cover.
how will it affect the travelling communitys
they introduce them under one guise, but they always have multiple purposes

the no smoking ban in public places was a great way to stop people congregating.
you keep a nation under control by stopping them getting together.

ive probably just been flagged by TPTB for writing that, ( but its probably not the first time )