Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Important Water Storage Note
30 May 2013, 21:06,
RE: Important Water Storage Note
Jeez. I've just deleted that last few posts. I would have done the thread but it is a good thread. Go figure.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 May 2013, 21:27,
My containers are all on wooden pallets and wooden shelving .
30 May 2013, 21:35,
(30 May 2013, 21:27)Straight Shooter Wrote: My containers are all on wooden pallets and wooden shelving .

Good planning there mate. Better safe than sorry hu?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2013, 22:36,
Both of the large containers I purchased came on their own pallets, one wooden and one was plastic, I just put them in place as they were.

Surely there is another problem if you store the container on the floor, any floor,.. how are you going to be able to use the tap to get the water out,.. all containers need to be a foot of the ground at least,...unless you are using a hose pipe, but then as the water level drops, so does your pressure and you are left with water in the container that you cant get into a jug/bucket because there is no room under the tap
A major part of survival is invisibility.
30 May 2013, 23:23,
This applies to small plastic bottles too, like 1 or 2 litre bottles. Those were actually my msin concern, the smaller plastic bottles that so often get stacked or stored away.

Please note, fuel cans that are plastic are best kept off the floor. You don't want that fuel degrading any faster.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin