Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle questions
8 April 2013, 09:30,
RE: Vehicle questions
In the car, I make sure I have my GHB and a change of clothes. Don't want to be trekking home in a suit haha.

Don't forget to have £100 in cash for petrol stations and incase your card doesn't work because you forgot that you have a joint account and have not updated your card to the joint account card that your wife was pushing in your face the other day.......haha.

I also like to have some defence items in the front of the car with me, incase anyone is dumb enough to try a car jacking.

As for which car to use. I love my tattered old Vectra. It's a beast and has loads of boot space. But City stuff is one of the reasons I'm looking at getting a motorbike.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2013, 09:40, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 09:42 by Luci_ferson.)
(8 April 2013, 07:55)Highlander Wrote: So,..is the camper a favored veh in the cities,.. not some small easily maneuvered car?, after all 4x4 wouldn't be needed,.. no would some of the kit a rural prepper might want to carry

nah dude, me and OH just always wanted a campavan.
they no good for camping in the wild.
we just want to wait for kids to leave home and then go travelling Europe in a campavan.

where we go campin in the wilds a campavan wouldn't get to.
then again neither would a 4x4, about the only thing that would get there is a helicopter or a motor x bike.

most city cars appear to be saxos, clios, Kas etc. anything with an engine around 1.3l
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 11:33,
i currently drive a crew cab navarra fitted with assorted lockable toolboxes and removeable shell.This comes in handy when working in middle of countryside on location.
carries my BOB and food for 30 days cw tools and equipment for my job
8 April 2013, 11:52,
Around town we use an MGF convertible very nippy and manoeverable. I only carry some wet gear as the place I live is not too big and I can walk home from anywhere in the city no matter what the conditions.
8 April 2013, 12:31,
I brake cars like there's no tomorrow, so I always have gear in them to keep me going until I'm rescued!

Currently have an estate, should have kept the Surf! I like big engines, Vauxhall Omega 3ltr etc. on the look out for a new vehicle now, 4x4, petrol or diesel, not too bothered.
8 April 2013, 12:35,
I'm with you there, I love V8's

I also kill cars, but big engines go for cheap moneys , and so offer excellent value in terms of comfort, equipment etc.

I normally work on the maxim, "anything less than 2 lts is just to small"
8 April 2013, 14:54,
I’ve had a few cars and never found one that I’ve thought worthy of being any good for anything else than getting from A – B. currently running a Honda civic and a Mazda 5 ….both made of plastic, glass and foreign snot.
A solid car maybe a taxi? Something heavy with ram-raid ability……..not sure
I think the knowledge to start cars without their keys would make a valuable skill when the tshtf.
Which is something that I have no experience of …….except cars from the 80`s Big Grin
8 April 2013, 15:02,
Trust me, its nearly impossible to start cars without keys these days.

there are exceptions, but not many.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 15:03,
When I used the term wild camping, it was to distinguish it from parked on a official campsite, in-between two lines lol

As for real wild camping, yeah I do it, but my OH and 7 year old wouldn't last 2 hours lol
8 April 2013, 15:06,
We currently only have a KA although it runs really well i would like to trade up for this http://moller.com/dev/index.php/sky-car/m400-specs
I currently have a wool blanket, travel pillow that folds into itself and a first aid kit. I need to add a metal water bottle, small knife and the little camping stoves with the flammable squares (can't for the life of me remember what they are called). either way they are sitting waiting to go in , in the spare room.