Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine.
10 April 2013, 17:13,
RE: Quarantine.
(10 April 2013, 17:07)Jonas Wrote: If someone is wandering/skulking around your property at night, it's a fair bet that he/she isn't birdwatching, but is there to commit a crime.

we used to be able to leave our doors unlocked in this country too, but sadly that is not the case any more, too many lowlifes-in the city and large towns anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 17:37,
I didn't know about the quarantine flag either, and I am guessing very few do

The sign that I would put out would be something like,.. ` Off to the feeding point at Lochailort`... or similar, people might well expect feeding points at certain places and the chances are they would go on by, people would assume you are in the same boat as them and have no food........

......that's if we ever got anyone walking by our place
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 April 2013, 18:44, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2013, 19:06 by Straight Shooter.)
naaarrgh, we rape intruders of both sexes PLEASE ENTER

Your opening gambit would be ( squeal like a little piggy ) whilst playing duelling banjos on your guitar
10 April 2013, 19:18,
(10 April 2013, 18:44)Straight Shooter Wrote: naaarrgh, we rape intruders of both sexes PLEASE ENTER

Your opening gambit would be ( squeal like a little piggy ) whilst playing duelling banjos on your guitar

You might get more folk than you bargained for...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 April 2013, 19:45,
Yeah your right HL ...Keep Out we shoot all intruders even nice one ,s
11 April 2013, 09:07,
i have seen some signs" Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2013, 11:21,
(10 April 2013, 17:07)Jonas Wrote:
(10 April 2013, 16:28)Binnie Wrote: Thankfully you don't live in scotland, the scottish outdoor access code allows access to most areas!

also there is not really a "tresspass" law in scotland, any tresspass i beleive is a civil case, unless you are there to commit a crime?

If someone is wandering/skulking around your property at night, it's a fair bet that he/she isn't birdwatching, but is there to commit a crime.

Trespass in Texas is a fatal matter. We can legally shoot trespassers on our property (posted or not) from sunset to sunrise. Our local sheriff does recommend that we not wound a trespasser however. "Burglary of an Occupied Dwelling" is an almost unheard of crime in our small town (about six years ago we buried the last man who tried it). That's why we sleep soundly at night with the windows open and seldom even lock the front and back doors.
Sounds like good honest Texan common sense to me mate. Anyone approaching or entering your property with honest intentions would make themselves known wouldn't they? you have to assume anyone skulking around has bad intentions towards you and your property, or why would they be sneaking in the first place?
I could not imagine the amount of shit that would drop on my/our head if anyone over here did that. If you were a gun owner I have no doubt all your weapons would be confiscated and your licence revoked, and the simple fact is you would fear what the police would do to you more than the burglerAngry
I don't know what the situation is in Texas regarding proposed gun control, but the view from here seems to be that the US Government is focussed on a campaign of negativity regarding gun owners in the USA, reacting with media hype and spin every unfortunate episode of death where guns are involved. I also find it very telling that the media don't broadcast instances where guns have saved lives on a regular basis (or do they?).
Protection is the fundamental core of prepping for me, because that is what we do isn't it, we protect against food shortages, we protect against water shortages, and we try to protect our loved ones from every eventuality, our job as preppers is protection!, and without wanting to sound macho,, our job as men is to protect our women and children from other men who want to do them harm.
11 April 2013, 14:14,
And as has been said before and not nice a few dead bodies, animal and may be human might help together with tatty signs.
May be just enough to deter some but no doubt not all.
John

(10 April 2013, 15:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: I didn't know what it meant. I'd be putting up more definitive signs and they only last for a vertain amound of time. People may be wary but eventually they would investigate to see what was going on and what could be scavanged.

Sometime these signs only draw attention to you but I could see certain signs being useful with care.
11 April 2013, 14:38,
Just don't jusmp into shooting everyone. Law and Order may come back quickly, for example the collapse may just be in your area and when it comes back there won't be any trials so you can explain how you came by the bodies.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 April 2013, 14:41,
(11 April 2013, 14:38)Skean Dhude Wrote: Just don't jusmp into shooting everyone. Law and Order may come back quickly, for example the collapse may just be in your area.

wouldnt be a full on SHTF then would it? just a bit of local "difficulty"! in which case we would have to temper our behaviour to the event.