Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But would you?
22 May 2013, 20:46,
RE: But would you?
I would totally get my hands on a few firearms. Everyone has a right to defend ourselves and loved ones. If I don't have a fire arm I would use wot every I had. I already know how to get into a few brands of electronic gun safes.
22 May 2013, 20:53,
I have no interest in owning a gun as I've seen what they can do up close many times and have no intent on inflicting that kind of harm to another human being.

but have many methods of keeping an attacker at bay with with the aid of my chemistry set and a paintball gun, paintball maker and catapult.
22 May 2013, 21:11,
I would love to own a 22 for hunting and home defence but it would have to be legal because I dont do illegal I'm to much of a moral coward, but sadly the retarded fuckwits of the loony left and idiot right have brainwashed the nation into believing only cops and soldiers should be armed ( whilst on duty only) and that only Ministers should be allowed to own guns for self defence ( like Adams and Mcguinness).. So thanks to the knee jerk hysteria driven completely irrational view of the anti gun lobby we now live in a nation where the cops are armed to the teeth ( and shooting unarmed people) and the criminals who dont obey the law are armed to the teeth, that leaves the law abidding citizen alone, unarmed and just victims in waiting.

We now live in a nation where any gun nuts would rather read about how your wife / girlfriend/ sister etc got raped and strangled on their way home than read about how they shot dead their attacker.

22 May 2013, 23:39,
(22 May 2013, 21:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: I would love to own a 22 for hunting and home defence but it would have to be legal because I dont do illegal I'm to much of a moral coward, but sadly the retarded fuckwits of the loony left and idiot right have brainwashed the nation into believing only cops and soldiers should be armed ( whilst on duty only) and that only Ministers should be allowed to own guns for self defence ( like Adams and Mcguinness).. So thanks to the knee jerk hysteria driven completely irrational view of the anti gun lobby we now live in a nation where the cops are armed to the teeth ( and shooting unarmed people) and the criminals who dont obey the law are armed to the teeth, that leaves the law abidding citizen alone, unarmed and just victims in waiting.

We now live in a nation where any gun nuts would rather read about how your wife / girlfriend/ sister etc got raped and strangled on their way home than read about how they shot dead their attacker.

If you're a law abiding man of good mental health there is no reason why you can't legally licence a shotgun or firearm.
22 May 2013, 23:51,
This is not a nation where the only people who can own guns are the police, criminals or ministers. That article is very misleading. Please define "gun nut". Where does that leave the thousands of legal firearms owners in this country?
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
23 May 2013, 12:57,
(22 May 2013, 20:53)The Ragman Wrote: I have no interest in owning a gun as I've seen what they can do up close many times and have no intent on inflicting that kind of harm to another human being.

but have many methods of keeping an attacker at bay with with the aid of my chemistry set and a paintball gun, paintball maker and catapult.

Big GrinBig Grin it was nice knowing youDodgy
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 May 2013, 12:58, (This post was last modified: 23 May 2013, 13:01 by NorthernRaider.)
(22 May 2013, 23:39)Steve Wrote:
(22 May 2013, 21:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: I would love to own a 22 for hunting and home defence but it would have to be legal because I dont do illegal I'm to much of a moral coward, but sadly the retarded fuckwits of the loony left and idiot right have brainwashed the nation into believing only cops and soldiers should be armed ( whilst on duty only) and that only Ministers should be allowed to own guns for self defence ( like Adams and Mcguinness).. So thanks to the knee jerk hysteria driven completely irrational view of the anti gun lobby we now live in a nation where the cops are armed to the teeth ( and shooting unarmed people) and the criminals who dont obey the law are armed to the teeth, that leaves the law abidding citizen alone, unarmed and just victims in waiting.

If you're a law abiding man of good mental health there is no reason why you can't legally licence a shotgun or firearm.

No thanks, the fewer state controlled registers and lists the better. Smile

(22 May 2013, 23:51)Timelord Wrote: This is not a nation where the only people who can own guns are the police, criminals or ministers. That article is very misleading. Please define "gun nut". Where does that leave the thousands of legal firearms owners in this country?

That leave the legally held guns in locked cabinets our of useful reach when they are most needed, thats where it leaves them. A gun like any other survival tool is only useful if you have it when you need it.
Locked away at home or at the club means its just another ornament.

23 May 2013, 15:50,
(23 May 2013, 12:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: That leave the legally held guns in locked cabinets our of useful reach when they are most needed, thats where it leaves them. A gun like any other survival tool is only useful if you have it when you need it.
Locked away at home or at the club means its just another ornament.

And how long do you think it would take the average gun owner to get his safe open ?
23 May 2013, 16:45,
From where I set at the computer it just took me 67 seconds to get the safe open and the shotgun loaded and back to the computer.

That's plenty of time to get the door kicked in and you killed!
23 May 2013, 18:55,
(23 May 2013, 16:45)Mortblanc Wrote: From where I set at the computer it just took me 67 seconds to get the safe open and the shotgun loaded and back to the computer.

That's plenty of time to get the door kicked in and you killed!

But if TSHTF and looters were in your town would you still have had it in the safe ?