Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Frontier
15 April 2013, 17:26,
RE: The Final Frontier
It does not matter the state of society, you do not know how you would react.

And the person that says it would not matter to them is not one I would want to depend on in a crisis. They will get you snuffed without a regret, claiming it was simply you or them as their justification.

My wife passed suddenly, from a ruptured anurism, and far earlier than any expected. No warning, no mental preperation.

Just gone!

Greiving is something that reaches back into the core DNA of humans. It is why Neanderthal burried their dead, it is why Cro Magnon burried grave goods in the graves of "loved ones". If one does not go through the process one will pay the price, and there is no time limit or adjustment of intensity based on conditions.

We have endured crisis and breakdown of society in the past. We have experienced war, famine, plague, and when one reaches the point that they are desensitized to the loss of close ones it can be announced that normal thought process and mental stability is gone.

Classic cases of PTSD

You may still be alive, but if there is no empathy or sensitivity remaining inside your empty shell you are a waste of good food and water.
15 April 2013, 17:43,
maybe i was just born "different". but as i was TRYING to say, in a SHTF...total collapse of society..its a bit like a war situation really, we wont be able to do anything for the dead except bury them, it would be a whole new concept, and if someone is not looking out and watching their backs we could all end up dead ourselves in an instant, if thats what you want then carry on, i for one intend to survive and i will do whatever i have to do to make that a reality.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 17:51,
Deaths not something you can prepare for, its going to knock you for six when it happens and I dont know how id cope when it happens

when I die oh is understrict instructions that im going in a boat with my axe and set on fire, dont want to be buried in a graveyard.
15 April 2013, 17:59,
It is a horrible thought to have to deal with and has left me quite worried.
After thinking for a while about it, I would have to certainly carry on if this happened. If I lost one of my group, I would have to carry on for the sake of the others. Much as it might hurt, I would have to carry on.
I would however hope that we who were left behind could at least grieve properly and give our departed one as decent a send off as we could provide depending on the circumstances. They would definitely need to be buried and the necessary rituals performed.
We do have to prepare for death since it is an unavoidable part of life.

Having lost both parents a couple of years apart and gone through the range of emotions, I may perhaps have had some degree of preparation but maybe not as things will most likely be very different after TSHTF and thus much more perilous and unpredictable...

My evening has been shot to pieces...Smile
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
15 April 2013, 18:01,
in that case, maybe i really am different, maybe i'm not human at all, maybe i was brought here by alien space craft, or maybe i'm just wired differently, i think its something to do with being an "only" child and spending lots of time both as a child and later as an adult on my own, i refer to myself as the original loner, and i dont feel anything for "the general public", i've always said if i was the last human being left alive on the entire planet, then i'd be one happy individual, crazy to most people i know, most people would go mad in an instant, but then i'm NOT most people Smile
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 18:10,
No BP, you were carved out of stone on a wild winter's night and then given life.

Would that be right, Sir? Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
15 April 2013, 18:19,
It would be a boring world if we were all the same....wifey has spent the last 45 years trying to change me......now she says "your not the man I married" cannot bloody win can i
15 April 2013, 18:20, (This post was last modified: 15 April 2013, 18:21 by bigpaul.)
(15 April 2013, 18:19)Straight Shooter Wrote: It would be a boring world if we were all the same....wifey has spent the last 45 years trying to change me......now she says "your not the man I married" cannot bloody win can i

yeah, i've been with women who tried to change me, never bloody works though and i move on.

(15 April 2013, 18:10)Mandlaka Wrote: No BP, you were carved out of stone on a wild winter's night and then given life.

Would that be right, Sir? Big Grin

well who knows? you could be right!Big Grin
15 April 2013, 18:32,
Trouble is BP I love the silly bugger ... and suck it up.....hard bastard me. SAS type
15 April 2013, 18:40,
yeah, well, you've probably been with yours a long time, we've only been together 15 years and we were both married twice before that, i dont think she'd be too bothered if i left.