Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
19 April 2013, 16:51,
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
(19 April 2013, 16:47)Mortblanc Wrote: Wood will work fine for this model BP.

I make and use wood with my 175# Jaguar with no problems

good, i've got some wood left over from some arrows i made i can use them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 April 2013, 16:59,
Just keep the length of the bolts short.

The longer the bolt the more flex possible. I have o problems with bolts up to 12" made from 5/16" dowel stock. I often use 1/4" for the small units.

You really do not need fletching for the short ranges of one of these toys. Just a flat base for the string to strike and some form of tip. For target use I sometimes just sharpen the tip and give it a couple of wraps of black plastic tape to keep it going nose first.

If you want fletching a couple of pieces of duct tape applied properly and trimmed to shape works great.
19 April 2013, 17:05,
i've got some short lengths of 11/32" about 8 inches long i think-although i can cut that down if neccessary, i was thinking of attaching a bodkin? the duct tape idea is good i have seen that done on youtube vids.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 April 2013, 17:33,
For points I often use tubing that fits the dowel. I flatten one end and trim and sharpen to a point, then glue onto the dowel. I use a lot of 5/16 dowels for their strength (stronger than 1/4" but lighter than 3/8) and also because that size fits properly into the mouth of a steel 7.62x54 Russian rifle cartridge. It allows me to recycle the nonreloadable surplus cases I pick up at the range.

Occasionally I pick up cheap target arrows at Walmart when they go on clearance for $2 ea. I sand the nochs flat and shorten the length and relocate the tips and they work fine. It takes about 2 minutes to mod one.
19 April 2013, 18:44,
(19 April 2013, 17:33)Mortblanc Wrote: For points I often use tubing that fits the dowel. I flatten one end and trim and sharpen to a point, then glue onto the dowel. I use a lot of 5/16 dowels for their strength (stronger than 1/4" but lighter than 3/8) and also because that size fits properly into the mouth of a steel 7.62x54 Russian rifle cartridge. It allows me to recycle the nonreloadable surplus cases I pick up at the range.

Occasionally I pick up cheap target arrows at Walmart when they go on clearance for $2 ea. I sand the nochs flat and shorten the length and relocate the tips and they work fine. It takes about 2 minutes to mod one.

so would they with the spent brass on the end ,would that kill stun a rabbit
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 April 2013, 18:48, (This post was last modified: 19 April 2013, 18:49 by Tartar Horde.)
(19 April 2013, 17:05)bigpaul Wrote: i've got some short lengths of 11/32" about 8 inches long i think-although i can cut that down if neccessary, i was thinking of attaching a bodkin? the duct tape idea is good i have seen that done on youtube vids.
I've tried it with one of those bodkins we use mate, but I used a longer bolt and had the bodkin protruding past the front of the rail, it flew quite a bit slower, let us know what they fly like with 6.5 bolts n bodkins

Ps I fletched my bolts with small parabolic fletchings cut to size, they fly a lot better with good feathers, and feathers are very forgiving too.
19 April 2013, 19:13,
I've used wood for bolts with great success in my 150lb crossbow,all I do is make sure the grain of the wood is perpendicular to the string.Also I cut out a small leather disc and glue it on the end of the knock .Never had a problem with bolts splittingWink

The only issue for me is to make sure that the bolt has enough weight to it,too light and you could cause undue stress on the limbs similar to a dry fire.Other than that you're good to go.
19 April 2013, 19:33,
(19 April 2013, 18:44)Barneyboy Wrote:
(19 April 2013, 17:33)Mortblanc Wrote: For points I often use tubing that fits the dowel. I flatten one end and trim and sharpen to a point, then glue onto the dowel. I use a lot of 5/16 dowels for their strength (stronger than 1/4" but lighter than 3/8) and also because that size fits properly into the mouth of a steel 7.62x54 Russian rifle cartridge. It allows me to recycle the nonreloadable surplus cases I pick up at the range.

so would they with the spent brass on the end ,would that kill stun a rabbit

I've heard of a lot of American archers using shell cases Mortblanc it's a great recycling idea and would make a great blunt for small game. If you have access to shell cases Barneyboy use them if you can. Otherwise for blunts try these http://www.outdoorhobbies.co.uk/bludgeon...1424-p.asp
19 April 2013, 21:01,
I do not use them for "blunts".

I cut them about one inch from the case mouth with a tube cutter.

I place a 5/16" bolt into the case mount and flatten the case body in a vise.

I then use metal snips to cut the flat area to a point.

I use my belt sander to smooth and trim them up.

I use epoxey to glue them to the arrow shaft.
19 April 2013, 21:05,
(19 April 2013, 21:01)Mortblanc Wrote: I do not use them for "blunts".

I cut them about one inch from the case mouth with a tube cutter.

I place a 5/16" bolt into the case mount and flatten the case body in a vise.

I then use metal snips to cut the flat area to a point.

I use my belt sander to smooth and trim them up.

I use epoxey to glue them to the arrow shaft.

now that is a good idea cheers for that
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!