Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catapult hunting?
22 April 2013, 12:29,
RE: catapult hunting?
Lemonwood (Degame) is a nice forgiving wood to work with with no discernable growth rings and makes decent bows if backed with say Hickory. All of the Bowyers I have spoken to say Osage is very hard and you need a very sharp blade to work it, and doesn't need a backing wood.
I've always wondered what trees would be suitable for bows from the more Southern states like Louisiana and Alabama that have a selection of Swamp timber. If you have wild Bamboo that could be very usefull.
22 April 2013, 12:43,
RE: catapult hunting?
(22 April 2013, 12:29)Tartar Horde Wrote: Lemonwood (Degame) is a nice forgiving wood to work with with no discernable growth rings and makes decent bows if backed with say Hickory. All of the Bowyers I have spoken to say Osage is very hard and you need a very sharp blade to work it, and doesn't need a backing wood.
I've always wondered what trees would be suitable for bows from the more Southern states like Louisiana and Alabama that have a selection of Swamp timber. If you have wild Bamboo that could be very usefull.

that dead oak is very hard wood that grows in the swamp ,or is it called white oak ?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!