Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to lose ...BOV....or your life ?
24 April 2013, 12:26,
RE: what to lose ...BOV....or your life ?
First, you have missed the boat , you should BO when you see the trouble start escalating , the trouble is RW is we all should know better , we all have a better idea than most that's why we prepare for this very scenario , wait and see attitude with cost you in more ways than one, most think off bugging in (I do ) because you have your stores and prepps, you know your area , you have planned your defences the illusion is you think you are safer than is the actual case, the reluctance to leave what you feel you have made a safe haven (your home) the upheaval for you and the family DO I stay or DO I go.....I have to leave stuff behind I have no room to take it all. THE BOL you have to have a plan in place and somewhere to go...several really ....in my view...human reactions we tend to want things easy we prepare for having it easier than the masses....well you are not going to get it or have it easy, All will want to take and steal... easy...from you, you can count on that, even if you get to your BOL up high and out the way...but at least you have a bit of control and out of populated areas your chances will increase , I spend a lot of time looking at BOL,s and how to stock them....as BP says ALL THE TIME and never deviates, not once , out the way and lay low, I agree 100% its the only way for me also.
The scenario you put forward RW is a good and valued one, I'll leave you with the SAS saying HE WHO HESITATES
24 April 2013, 12:35,
and I'll add the usual opposite. Look before you leak. For every one advising a standard general approach beware.

Everyones situation is different and you must decide for yourself if Bugging In or Bugging Out is the best but you always should have a backup in case that changes. You may be forced to leave or you may be stopped leaving.

Plan for both based on your own circumstances.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 April 2013, 12:55,
you have planned your defences the ILLUSION is that we all ,being honest ...cmon" think" we are safer than we are... THAT in REALITY is the TRUTH mate ....well said. The shud we stay ,or go situation is atough call....especially when others ,as in wife and kids DEPEND on us to make the right call !!! we don't have the luxury of this here scenarioas doing a test/dummy run with military types scoring your attempts ! ...as in seeing where we missed the boat...I really wanted to get peoples thoughts and make us think....as PREPPERS ...not armchair fantasists...who know better in any situation !! like what you said in your post SS is true for most of us. even if we left early to go to our BOL...it wud still be as dangerous I reakon...you cud "plan "to leave even later....after the "die-off" as we say...having bugged in for some six or more weeks then find it easier !? NO ONE REALLY KNOWS .
24 April 2013, 13:02, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2013, 13:09 by Straight Shooter.)
The thing is SD the scenario put by RW is a vivid one , ( I was there living it) you could say very close to the way I see things developing, as BP mentions maybe its the house next....there is no maybe to me , but its only my opinion, I would much rather avoid a forced reaction to profound probable event, prevention is better even with the smallest of odds.

Unless I lived next door to highlander....lol

Well RD you certainly provoked me into thinking about the subject, lets all get focussed .......good post RD

RW I mean sorry
24 April 2013, 13:24,
no probs SS, the scenario is how I think it will be after "the crash" and in the early days/weeks etc. maybe I sidetracked myself when I was typing it as I put the name of the post last...so it may not be apt for it !? plus BP said its a no brainer which it is ! I meant to paint a bleak/dark situation ...and running your thoughts by other like-minded REAL preppers give me a better perspective....as bugging out wont or may not be as simple as most may want/think it will be. also im leaving the conspiracy stuff at the back door this time.....so my posts will be about "relavant" topics this time cheers RW.
24 April 2013, 13:39, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2013, 13:57 by bigpaul.)
(24 April 2013, 13:24)RoadWarrior Wrote: no probs SS, the scenario is how I think it will be after "the crash" and in the early days/weeks etc. maybe I sidetracked myself when I was typing it as I put the name of the post last...so it may not be apt for it !? plus BP said its a no brainer which it is ! I meant to paint a bleak/dark situation ...and running your thoughts by other like-minded REAL preppers give me a better perspective....as bugging out wont or may not be as simple as most may want/think it will be. also im leaving the conspiracy stuff at the back door this time.....so my posts will be about "relavant" topics this time cheers RW.

oh i think its relevant enough- it could quite easily come to that- i still think if a bunch of chavs is attacking your BOV on your drive or garden then its logical that the house is next! so taking out a few of the leaders-the ones telling the others what to do- might just discourage the minions! mind you if its come to that you've probably left it to late to bug out anyway.

you should have a BOL in mind BEFORE TSHTF...i have several-about 8 at last count, all have 4 walls and a roof but not all are houses, if one is compromised you move onto the next. i think we all will bug IN to begin with but if it all goes pear shaped me and mine are bugging out, OH says she dosent feel safe here if TSHTF too many non preppers/sheeple/ and lumpunts!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2013, 13:58,
I agree that bugging out wont be easy, its a very tough decision. as mentioned, the family is depending on the leader to make the right call. I want to stay where we're at (bug in) but realistically don't think it will be possible long term given our suburban location.

I would rather err on the side of caution and leave too soon than wait and be trapped liked animals. I have no allusions of a grand adventure after bugging out. it will most definitely suck.
But I also have no allusions as to what would happen to the female members of my family if we get taken by a mob. there are things worse than death, in my humble opinion.
24 April 2013, 14:01,
(24 April 2013, 13:58)Rush2112 Wrote: I agree that bugging out wont be easy, its a very tough decision. as mentioned, the family is depending on the leader to make the right call. I want to stay where we're at (bug in) but realistically don't think it will be possible long term given our suburban location.

I would rather err on the side of caution and leave too soon than wait and be trapped liked animals. I have no allusions of a grand adventure after bugging out. it will most definitely suck.
But I also have no allusions as to what would happen to the female members of my family if we get taken by a mob. there are things worse than death, in my humble opinion.

better to bug out early, things calm down and the worst is you come back with your tail between your legsBig Grin wait too late and you could just end up leaving a good looking corpse!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2013, 14:20, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2013, 14:23 by Scythe13.)
Maybe I'm just a bit screwed up, but I think that would be a perfect time to test your home explosives systems and blow the car up. Rigging a mobile phone detonator isn't difficult, so you could just call the phone and take the looters out. Sure you lose the car, but they don't get it either. And as SD said, you should have stripped it of most the stuff by then anyway. Maybe leave a little fuel in there for more kaboom action.

Also, you have plausible deniability, oh and mainly....nobody is going to try and screw with a neighbourhood that has a burning car with 8 skeletons scattered on the road. Pretty good deterrent.

Car shell then becomes a roadblock if you live in a culdasac or a dead-end road.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 April 2013, 14:24, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2013, 14:27 by bigpaul.)
and where pray in this terrorist age do you obtain explosives to rig a bomb-without getting a visit from heavily armed special forces??

its not like you can walk into B&Q and just buy it off the shelf! i wouldnt know where to start (nor would i want to go this route).