Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After the apocalypse ??
28 April 2013, 08:36, (This post was last modified: 28 April 2013, 08:58 by bigpaul.)
RE: After the apocalypse ??
the prevailing wind in Devon is FROM the south west so everything gets blown AWAY from us.

Jonas, i saw a report on RT(tv station) that Texas has all the resourses it needs to go it alone, they are not dependant on the national power grid, got natural gas, oil wells, it even said some guys at the mint we're being paid in SILVER...they said its a commodity like eggs or bread so the feds cant tax it!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 April 2013, 12:18, (This post was last modified: 28 April 2013, 12:22 by Hex.)
over here though they would tax you 2 eggs from your dozen and a quarter of the loaf Smile

(27 April 2013, 20:06)Millwall_Dave Wrote: even if our own reactors do not fail and release deadly levels of radioactive materiel there is a little country to the south of us inhabited by cheese eating surrender monkeys who produce 80% of their electricity from 50 ish operational nuclear reactors

sacre bleu!!! Smile
Winter is coming
10 May 2013, 18:18,
Just been reading the comments about nuclear meltdowns, do you really think our government would let us know straight away if one of our reactors was in serious trouble, I think not all they'd be concerned about is damage control and their elections, sorry to say I think we would be the walking dead before they'd start evacuations by which time we'd already have been eating, breathing and bathing in radioactive material
10 May 2013, 18:25,
(10 May 2013, 18:18)Fantasia2013 Wrote: Just been reading the comments about nuclear meltdowns, do you really think our government would let us know straight away if one of our reactors was in serious trouble, I think not all they'd be concerned about is damage control and their elections, sorry to say I think we would be the walking dead before they'd start evacuations by which time we'd already have been eating, breathing and bathing in radioactive material

thats why the OH and i left Somerset( about the same time the govt started talking about Hinckley Point C!) and moved back home to Devon. the further we are away from the nuclear sites the better.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2013, 18:31,
I think they should dismantle the lot though god alone knows where they could put the spent rods its only a matter of time before we have a serious incident.
10 May 2013, 18:34,
(10 May 2013, 18:31)Fantasia2013 Wrote: I think they should dismantle the lot though god alone knows where they could put the spent rods its only a matter of time before we have a serious incident.

i dont trust nuclear, i never have and i never will, i think its all an accident waiting to happen.
11 May 2013, 01:36,
Every time one of their REGULAR small leaks IS discovered, they end up paying a fine of a few hundred thousand pounds via the HSE. That makes me feel so much safer about the environment, knowing the industry and government systems are in place to deal with it!!!!!
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
11 May 2013, 16:55,
Well i only live 7 miles away from a large nuclear power station so thats me up the creek. Hass anyone got a nuclear spread map?
11 May 2013, 17:03,
(28 April 2013, 08:36)bigpaul Wrote: the prevailing wind in Devon is FROM the south west so everything gets blown AWAY from us.

Jonas, i saw a report on RT(tv station) that Texas has all the resourses it needs to go it alone, they are not dependant on the national power grid, got natural gas, oil wells, it even said some guys at the mint we're being paid in SILVER...they said its a commodity like eggs or bread so the feds cant tax it!!Big Grin

The government can only tax the face value of the coin. The 1 oz US silver eagle has a $1 face value and is an official US coin. The 1 oz Canadian maple leaf has a face value of $5C.

There was a federal court case over in Utah in the last few years which confirmed that the value for tax purposes of a US silver eagle is, in fact, $1!

As far as Texas "going it alone", about 30% of Texans think it's a good idea. The right to secession is even written into our state constitution. Texas was an independent republic once, and could certainly revert to that status without too many problems.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
11 May 2013, 17:08, (This post was last modified: 11 May 2013, 17:27 by bigpaul.)
yeah, but look what happened last time any of the southern states wanted to leave the union.

(11 May 2013, 16:55)Anything Really Wrote: Well i only live 7 miles away from a large nuclear power station so thats me up the creek. Hass anyone got a nuclear spread map?

try this, i dont know if the link will work, my links are notoriously unstable but its worth a goBig Grin http://games.juhlin.com/files/uk_strike_map.jpg