Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubotan vs Monkey fist!
28 April 2013, 21:01, (This post was last modified: 28 April 2013, 21:03 by Franc.)
RE: Kubotan vs Monkey fist!
like a goat in a herd of sheep, its protective colloration, we look innocent.

(28 April 2013, 21:01)Mooski88 Wrote:
(28 April 2013, 20:54)Franc Wrote: http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/NewellRu...;h-645x125$

i have the older plain version of this, classic parker jotter, very respectable looking, nice spike

I never like carrying them. I think they look to nice and in my area I don't like people seeing me with something worth taking.

I keep mine either clipped to an inside pocket, or in my outer pocket where it can be grabbed, along with nothing else.... all pockets kept fastened, except the pen pocket.
28 April 2013, 21:47,
(28 April 2013, 20:59)HideandSeek Wrote:
(28 April 2013, 20:42)Highlander Wrote: I agree, some of the best personal protection weapons are very ordinary bits of kit, each and everyone legal, and lethal if used well,... why risk being `done` when you dont have to

This can also be said for after the shtf too,.. the art of survival is invisibility, if you dont look a threat, you can often get away with a great deal

I think it also goes the other way too, If someones see a ordinary bloke their gonna think soft target. cowardice for sure!

I dont quite agree,.. if you look to be carrying a weapon,... then some hard guy will want to see just how hard you are, that's often the way of the gang,... if you dont show a weapon and they still want to check you out, then you at least have surprise on your side,.... always think ahead and maintain the edge where possible
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 April 2013, 22:07,
I always carry a steel clutch pencil on my person.....in the van a saw yes a saw in the front cab....you know the hard point type ( JACK SAW ) you can do some real damage with one of those buggers ...had occasion to try that out few years back, I think the lads are still running towards Aberdare the last thing they said "you are f..king nuts" mind I was threatening to remove their spleens ! I think slowly removing the card cover from the saw did the job though...... not my ranting.....but it worked that time , but would not recommend you try it....could have gone the other way with 3 and used on me