Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No water scenario
5 May 2013, 11:02,
RE: No water scenario
I have a well.

To prevent your stuff being taken from you, do not let people know you have stuff.
5 May 2013, 12:37,
(5 May 2013, 11:02)BDG Wrote: To prevent your stuff being taken from you, do not let people know you have stuff.

how true! i am plotting the locations of wells and springs in my area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 May 2013, 12:51,
(29 April 2013, 15:37)Highlander Wrote: If you are close to the sea you will be ok,.. boil the salt water and collect the condensed water produced by the steam

Big Grin Oh... I do love to be beside the seaside! Big Grin

Isn't it the case though, that distillation removes essential/beneficial minerals from the water and then when you drink it, hypotonic to hypertonic action by the blood and lymph notes and such, scavenges minerals from other organs?

I'm not an expert by any means but I did read this recently and I understand that the process results in things like brittle bones and a susceptibility to osteoporosis in the longer term.

Still, I'd rather have a drink then die of thirst...

5 May 2013, 12:55,
its for when there is no other water sourse.its a lot of hassle if you've got easier ways of collecting water.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 May 2013, 12:59,
I realise that but it's still a valid question...

5 May 2013, 13:13,
Im not sure about it removing minerals. It is the method im goung to use, but it d oi es ok nvolve alot of hard work. Theres a demonstration vid on youtube of someone doing it on there oven, she put food colouring in the salty water( only for the purpose of the vid), the water she collected after boiling was clear
5 May 2013, 13:34,
Hi M, I found that bit I knew I had read (it was bugging me, so I had to convince myself I hadn't been dreaming!) Here it is:

"With respect to the healthfulness of the water, most health experts that are up to date on current research are no longer recommending drinking RO or distilled water on a long-term basis because these methods remove all the beneficial minerals from the water making the water an acidic "hypotonic" solution. A chemist will tell you that any time a hypotonic (de-mineralized) solution comes into contact with a "hypertonic" (mineralized) solution, the minerals within the hypertonic solution will transfer out and into the hypotonic solution until equilibrium is achieved. What this means is simply that when one drinks hypotonic water, the minerals in the blood and lymphatic system, which are hypertonic, transfer into the hypotonic RO or distilled water that is consumed and the minerals are flushed out of the body upon urination.

In an effort to re-mineralize, the blood and lymphatic systems then begin to scavenge for minerals from other parts of the body, such as bones and other organs, and this process repeats itself every time de-mineralized hypotonic water is re-consumed. Several studies suggest that people who drink de-mineralized water (hypotonic) over a long period of time tend to be more prone to degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis."

It is a long term use issue and I'd definitely rather drink it than die but it's worth being aware of...

5 May 2013, 13:36,
i've seen Ray Mears do it and its a lot of faff for the amount of water you collect.
5 May 2013, 13:37,
Perhaps there's a way to counter the effect? Maybe the 'vitamin/minerals' type pills health food shops do? Haven't researched it yet...

5 May 2013, 13:38,
(5 May 2013, 13:37)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: Perhaps there's a way to counter the effect? Maybe the 'vitamin/minerals' type pills health food shops do? Haven't researched it yet...

well, there's a project for you!!Big Grin