Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you ever ate !!
5 May 2013, 20:01,
RE: have you ever ate !!
(5 May 2013, 19:57)bigpaul Wrote: have eaten plenty of pheasant, rabbit too, mostly "roadkill"..well why let all that meat go to waste??Big Grin

am dreading skinning a rabbit or pheasant am a little tart at times need to man up a bit Big Grin
5 May 2013, 21:54,
I prefer Wood Pigeon to Pheasant, it's more tender (in my opinion), Partridge is very nice, bit like Guinea Fowl, best of all is grey Squirrel better than rabbitt.
6 May 2013, 02:54,
Just had a wee thought... has anyone ever eaten hedgehog? I remember years ago that it was recommended to me by a female soldier I was serving with, whose family had a traveler background. I never did get round to having a go but apparently it's best sealed in clay and popped into the embers of a fire. I don't know (can't remember,) for how long but I'd imagine giving it extra time wouldn't be a problem because the juices would be sealed inside, keeping the flesh moist. As to what she said it tasted like, you've guessed it... CHICKEN!!

No harm in having another potential item for the menu...

6 May 2013, 09:41,
I had hedgehog once when I was younger. It is a common Gypsy disk. Tastes nice.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 May 2013, 11:55,
(6 May 2013, 09:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: I had hedgehog once when I was younger. It is a common Gypsy disk. Tastes nice.

dont they carry disease ? or is that badger Confused
6 May 2013, 12:03,
Don't know really. I guess that was part of my reason for asking. You know, is this viable or not for whatever reason. Someone will know...

6 May 2013, 12:45,
(6 May 2013, 11:55)Shaysdad99 Wrote:
(6 May 2013, 09:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: I had hedgehog once when I was younger. It is a common Gypsy disk. Tastes nice.

dont they carry disease ? or is that badger Confused

some badgers carry TB-is that what you were thinking of?(so do Deer).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 May 2013, 13:02,
What about the hedgepigs BP? Do you know of any problem with them?

6 May 2013, 15:17,
(6 May 2013, 13:02)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: What about the hedgepigs BP? Do you know of any problem with them?

apart from fleas NO!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 May 2013, 15:34,
Extra protein - in very small bites! Big Grin