Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultimate home.
14 May 2013, 17:39,
RE: Ultimate home.
I prefer something a bit smaller and more traditional, that thing has too much glass and I assume its a flat roof? looks like it, flat roofs are notorious for leaking, I know cos I used to be in the building trade.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 17:47,
Give me a cabin in the woods any day. I see these techno homes and just think its gunna be useless with power goes and people will just storm the place when SHTF. No a cabin is best. Surrounded with wildlife for food. Trees for fuel. And a home that's easy to fix. Live out the apocalypse in peace :p lol
14 May 2013, 17:54,
(14 May 2013, 17:47)Mooski88 Wrote: Give me a cabin in the woods any day. Surrounded with wildlife for food. Trees for fuel. And a home that's easy to fix. Live out the apocalypse in peace :p lol

yes,i agree, the quiet life for me too!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 17:59,
If I had that sort of cash I would buy it, good way to get oh to live in the woods, would still build a log cabin
14 May 2013, 18:37,
Tree house cheaper and safer? vantage points,birds and insects to eat and you don't end up looking like a submariner because you're stuck without sun..

Only saying Big Grin
Where the senses fail us, reason must step in.
Galileo Galilei
14 May 2013, 19:42,
How about a submarine? That would be an amazing BOL.
14 May 2013, 21:33,
(14 May 2013, 17:29)Mooski88 Wrote: Wot if the power goes down? Is everything also able to open and close. If place is surrounded by zombies how will you get out? I think there needs to be roof access with a zip line over the wall increase they do get over run and need to get out. Lol

I think if I had the money to build something like that I would also have a hand cranked system [ or generator cut in ] to open and close those shutters,....oh and outside cameras might be a good idea to
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 May 2013, 23:33,
Once those shutters are down, it just needs to sink silently into the ground, Stingray-style!Smile
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
15 May 2013, 12:08,
(14 May 2013, 17:39)bigpaul Wrote: I assume its a flat roof? looks like it, flat roofs are notorious for leaking, I know cos I used to be in the building trade.

Where else are you going to keep the helicopter ?Big Grin
15 May 2013, 13:05,
(15 May 2013, 12:08)Steve Wrote:
(14 May 2013, 17:39)bigpaul Wrote: I assume its a flat roof? looks like it, flat roofs are notorious for leaking, I know cos I used to be in the building trade.

Where else are you going to keep the helicopter ?Big Grin

what helicopter? you own a filling station do you?Big Grin