Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snippet about petrol storage and how quick it spoils,
20 May 2013, 02:36,
RE: Snippet about petrol storage and how quick it spoils,
Why not just put the date of filling on the can. No need for numbers. Grab the oldest can first.

Date and a few drops of stabilizer and you can make a quick deduction. I have kept fuel for several years without it going bad.

I have also found that two cycle mix seems to last forever. It also runs fine in 4 cycle engines, just a little smoky on occasion, but it beats sitting in the roadway empty.
20 May 2013, 11:08,
i wonder if this is oil company propganda? "buy fuel as often as you can, your car will run better"

absolute pish. does anyone know how long cars sit in the banana boat from the far east whilst they are in transit? then they sit about the port for months at a time unil the transport to the dealer is ready for them!

IF the car detected it was running rich, it would adjust the injector pulse width accordingly, it does this on a continual basis after open loop control is established (normally around 30-40c engine coolant temp)

yes store fuel in closed containers out of sunlight,

and also only mix 2stroke oil in with the fuel when you need it, and only mix as much as you need, in my experience, 2stroke oil and fuel mixed does go off quite quickly compared to normal petrol.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
20 May 2013, 11:21, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 11:32 by bigpaul.)
in a post shtf scenario, filling stations will empty very quickly, unless you have a store of your own fuel you wont be going far, and who can store enough fuel to last them the rest of their lives?? relegate yourselves to a NON car/motor vehicle future.

"The Oil Age" will be a minor blip in human history. .a few hundred years at most, compared to The Stone Age, The Bronze Age or The Iron Age!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.