Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
19 May 2013, 21:01,
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
(19 May 2013, 09:44)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(19 May 2013, 09:34)NorthernRaider Wrote: My Light Sabre trumps all the above Smile
If only NR, us "swordies" are just waiting for some bugger to invent one, and you all know you'd buy one so don't pull a faceTongue

I'll stick with my old but expensive Wakazashi, probably kill myself or lop off my own limbs if I used anything longer than say a Gladius or Wakazashi.

20 May 2013, 00:23, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 00:26 by Timelord.)
In relation to fending off hoards of Zombies, then "half swording" is not an ideal solution. You will not be looking to deflect opponents weapon blows, more a case of hacking at the Zombie's vital kill zones. We are not talking the art of technical skill swordsmanship here on a medieval European battlefield with guys wearing armour of some degree, we are talking heavy & brutal close in chopping & thrusts, to the point of still being able to wield the sword while being physically hemmed in. Look what happened to the Celts at the Battle of Watling Street in about AD68. The Celts were pressed together and could not use their longer swords or their superior 1 on 1 battle prowess. the Romans simply gutted and chopped them from their shield line as they methodically advanced forwards. this same tactic could feasibly be employed to decontaminate a severe infestation of Zombies.

Also as for actual use by the European warrior class on medieval battlefields, the single handed and hand & a half sword were regarded as a side-arm and are not the primary battlefield weapon that was employed. That would be like walking onto a 2ndWW battlefield using just a Browning handgun. The knights or Man at Arms primary weapon was his lance or possibly poll weapon if on foot or occasionally a large 2 handed sword. The hand & a half was a secondary side arm that also could double up as an off battlefield weapon. There are manuscripts depicting the use of hand & a half swords on battlefields and of course they were used as such as a battle progressed - so it was important to have tuition in this art. Also the ritualization of war and the personal 1 on 1 practice of this, often meant that knights could end up facing off using these side arms or using it very effectively as a defensive action in a "closing" melee. If a later stage of battle found hand & a half swords being used in the general melee, it would usually be found that friendly troops in the immediate vicinity would tend to be using a mixed range of weapons. this would support the use of what is effectively a shorter range weapon. Battles were not started with ranks of guys on foot holding hand & a half swords - no matter how often this is seen in modern re-enactments.
The hand & a half sword is an exemplary weapon - in the right hands, but is not the ideal for fighting Zombies who charge you down or press inwards onto you - it is likewise disadvantaged in buildings or other confined environments. That is why I do not regard it as a wise Zombie defeating sword choice. That is after all just my own opinion.

I agree the Gladius would be an excellent choice, combined with some type of blocking device in the off hand to allow more time for the uninterrupted progress of the blade. How sweet. lol

Anyway, I have just re-read the thread title and it is about an interesting Zombie Gun. Sorry..:-) TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
20 May 2013, 00:40, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 00:41 by Mortblanc.)
4 pages of fantasy tools for killing imaginary entities.

Finally, A thread where everyone is right!

I chose a Klingon Batliff!
20 May 2013, 00:54,
Does that come with a red dot sight and a black synthetic grip? A quick release sling could be useful to swing it round your head with and is there a "tactical version"? Is that the Klingon or Chinese version? What grade of steel is it by the way?? haha "& it's goodnight from me"
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
20 May 2013, 05:22,
Fantastic thread guys. I didn't mention the Falchion in my previous posts,but thinking about it it would make for a very devastating close in chopper.It has a nice forward weight to it perfectly capeable for zombie despatch.As would the Chinese Dadao as they're a very similar style of weapon.

I wouldn't pick one though as they lack finesseTongue.
The ability to half sword enables the longsword/great sword to be used as an entire weapons system,the pommel can be used for strikes to the face,the cross can also be used for impact or for hooking,the sword can also be used as a short spear for more accurate thrusting attacks.

These make it ideal for attacks against the living,but these techniques become redundant when facing zombies as a pommel strike wouldn't do a great dealConfused (I believe though that used correctly the longsword can still be extremely versatile when used for close in work,just not against our zombie adversary)

I'll stick with a type X or even a type XII as I own one of those,it's closely related to the type X but it has a more tapered point,also mine's 8 ounces heavier than normal which makes it very sturdy.

The Gladius would work,but it was primarily designed for close in stabbing work from behind the shield,personally I think it's a little on the short side,i'd much prefer a Spatha as it's geared more towards the cut.
20 May 2013, 08:35,
One only needs a Gladius or Wakazashi not to slay Zombies, but only to wound or hamstring one of you lot thus allowing me to get away whilst the zombies feast on you !!!!

20 May 2013, 19:19, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 19:24 by Mooski88.)
http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.p...&Itemid=73

Z-22. Would loveeeeeeeee! This rifle! Zombie rifle yes but perfect for home defence, hunting small and medium animals. And pest control. (You know rats are gunna be an issue!)

Sword wise I have a couple of katanas, but if I'm been honest my favourite sword is the 'blade' sword from the move blade. It has weight to it for added power. Double edged. I can carry it on my back so it's out the way. And it's not too long. Most swords I find to hard to handle. And I like a sword that I can use single handed or with two hands in the needs arise.
20 May 2013, 21:21,
In the words of the Cartoon character Beau Peep in a tabloid paper when in discussion with Dennis about stopping hoards of the undead.

Peep " How do you stop the unstoppable, fight the unkillable, kill the unkillable ?"

Dennis " Kick em in the unkickables" Smile

20 May 2013, 23:15,
I don't reckon zombies could hop very fast, so I'll go for a sharp long sword capable of cutting a leg half off.

RE: the rifle, 22LR would be good, you can get 500rnds in a sealed tin can with a ring pull lid, easy to carry and weatherproof, not much bigger than a bean tin.
21 May 2013, 04:53,
If I could only have one firearm it would be the .22LR ,it's in my opinion the perfect UK prepper round.Cool