Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
18 May 2013, 10:00,
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
(17 May 2013, 20:38)Talon Wrote: Hmmmm,depends on the zombie.The classic romero slow lumbering zombie the .22 would be perfect. Especially in the Uk as we can supress our guns with no extra legislation.A .22 will pierce the human skull if we keep the distance reasonable,and ammo is extremely cheap and light to carry.A supressed Ruger 10/22 makes a lot of sense.It also doubles as probably the best game rifle for the Uk.

If we're talking the 28 days later fast moving phsycotic infected person (new strain of rabies maybe) then i'm all for the 12 gauge.Without doubt the most stopping power commonly available to us.It's a one shot one kill round (depending on what load you're using of course),the ammunition is bulky and you can't carry more than 100 comfortably,but it's the most common ammunition in the Uk,so resupply would be at least feasible. Hit a violent crazed attacker with an upper body shot of no.4 bb or slug and it will create massive bodily trauma.

Swords, I'm an avid collector and user of European swords,it's by no means ideal,especially the longsword.Its primarily a duelling weapon,not designed for constantly cleaving through the bone of the human skull (as no sword is) though it is in my opinion the epitome of sword design a sturdy hatchet/kukri/crowbar would be better suited,it can double as a tool (which a sword can't as it's a fine weapon but a very poor tool)
I really spend too much time researching this stuffBlush

Respectfully Talon You are dead wrong about the "longsword" being primarily a dueling weapon, and also wrong about the ability of such weapons to sustain effective cutting for long periods of time. I do agree though that this type of sword is the epitome of European sword design.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun. - by Tartar Horde - 18 May 2013, 10:00