Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
18 May 2013, 11:14,
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
Well I didn't put that across very well,what I meant was the typical xvlll longsword was used for judicial duels,but as you correctly stated Tartar that wasn't it's only use.It was also a knightly tool of war.
I agree that it could sustain extended effective cutting,i don't believe that it would hold up to extended periods of cutting through a human skull (as in zombies).

It's edge's were designed to cut flesh (which it does very well) it's point was optimised for thrusting, but it isn't designed to withstand hacking through the skull repeatedly (as no sword ever was as far as I know)
It would quickly dull the bevels and become a rather blunt steel bar.
Im sure you could make one with a more suitable grind which would stand up to such abuse,but I also believe you would have to make the blade shorter and thicker with less distal taper.I would think that repeated heavy impacts would put a lot of stress on the tang aswel as the blade,a shorter blade to me would hold up better.

My opinion could very well be wrong but for zombies I think the longsword would be far from ideal,i would much prefer a shorter thicker type x Viking blade.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun. - by Talon - 18 May 2013, 11:14