Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
19 May 2013, 09:21,
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
(18 May 2013, 14:44)Talon Wrote:
(18 May 2013, 13:01)Tartar Horde Wrote: I like your preference for a single handed type X Scandinavian blade, as a well made one would cut all day without any fear of damage, something like this would be nice, I'll pop it in the post for youTongue
http://www.castlekeep.co.uk/gallery.asp?galleryid=212
Me personally I'd go with a good Type XIIIa. The FORTE of the blade "blunt" so it can be "half sworded", just before COP and to the tip i want the blade sharp enough to cut paper, but not to lift hair, as this is too sharp. At around 3-3.5Lbs it is light enough to use one handed, but when used with two they become very fast and agile. The blade profile is Lenticular and they are dedicated cutters like your Type X, but still retain excellent thrusting ability. You could slice n dice the undead hordes all day long with a good XIIIaBig Grin
Now I am going to open a HUGE can of worms here and say a Katana would be the last sword I would ever reach forTongue

Rob Miller is a genius, funny you should post a link to his type H as it's a sword I've been wanting for awhile,hopefully I can commission one next year.
The XIIIa is a favourite of mine (i have a great fondness for big two handed cutters) i own a XIIIa with a type R pommel (i had a bit of a Kurgan fanboy thing going on at the time) a lovely balanced cleaver of a bladeBig Grin,i agree on paper cutting sharp,anything more is too fragile for me,hell even blunt a large cutting sword would do major damage.
With regard's to the Katana,it would be my last choice, especially a traditional differentially hardened one.That's a bit of a raw nerve for me.
The katana is massively overhyped and has a (very false) mythical status as the supreme cutting weapon.
whereas our European swords are often touted as being nothing more than ill balanced poorly thought out sharpened crowbars, as ludicrous as the myth that knights had to be winched up onto their horses
Rob Miller makes swords that have "soul", his "Suontaka" reproduction Sword is a stunning piece of craftmanship Talon, and his work is a perfect example of beauty and functionality. I have lost count of the times I have had a conversation about "knights in armour" vs "Samurai" etc, and to be honest Talon it is an up-hill battle to get most people to drop their pre-conceived idead about Medieval European fighting ability, the "winching knights onto Horses" is a perfect example.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun. - by Tartar Horde - 19 May 2013, 09:21