Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
20 May 2013, 05:22,
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
Fantastic thread guys. I didn't mention the Falchion in my previous posts,but thinking about it it would make for a very devastating close in chopper.It has a nice forward weight to it perfectly capeable for zombie despatch.As would the Chinese Dadao as they're a very similar style of weapon.

I wouldn't pick one though as they lack finesseTongue.
The ability to half sword enables the longsword/great sword to be used as an entire weapons system,the pommel can be used for strikes to the face,the cross can also be used for impact or for hooking,the sword can also be used as a short spear for more accurate thrusting attacks.

These make it ideal for attacks against the living,but these techniques become redundant when facing zombies as a pommel strike wouldn't do a great dealConfused (I believe though that used correctly the longsword can still be extremely versatile when used for close in work,just not against our zombie adversary)

I'll stick with a type X or even a type XII as I own one of those,it's closely related to the type X but it has a more tapered point,also mine's 8 ounces heavier than normal which makes it very sturdy.

The Gladius would work,but it was primarily designed for close in stabbing work from behind the shield,personally I think it's a little on the short side,i'd much prefer a Spatha as it's geared more towards the cut.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun. - by Talon - 20 May 2013, 05:22