Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone making and selling Slingbows in the UK
19 May 2013, 14:35,
RE: Anyone making and selling Slingbows in the UK
You can buy elastic for blackwidows, so im guessing you can get them for other models
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
19 May 2013, 15:44,
their all available fairly cheaply on Ebay, get yourself a stock and put them away until you need them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2013, 19:51,
(19 May 2013, 12:35)Hex Wrote: Pro's - easy to make, conceal, use, takes up very little space and cheap to buy.

Cons - uses elastic which over time will perish and depending on the scenario you might not be able to get anymore

Tyre innertube cut into strips will make a good expedient rubber band. If you cut it fine and interweave it together it should be even stronger. Only thing is that most tyres now do not have tubes - still you only need one innertube to have a considerable supply of band material.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
20 May 2013, 10:01,
what about bicycle inner tubes? widely available and reasonably priced.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 May 2013, 10:35,
Have you made one BP? how did it perform?
20 May 2013, 10:38,
(20 May 2013, 10:35)Tartar Horde Wrote: Have you made one BP? how did it perform?
I made a couple, I keep one permanently as a slingbow and another as an ordinary catapult, slingbow works fine but you need to practise a lot, something I cant do here with neighbours overlooking.
20 May 2013, 17:02,
well just made a quick slingbow Smile keyring off my keys, catapult and 2 cable ties Big Grin

took me about 30 seconds to put it together and i would say probably has the same power as my cheapy bow maybe even more. with a bit of practice i could definately see this being a good tool for putting food on the table or even chasing off unwanted visitors.

what i would suggest is you want to mod the back of your arrows so that you have something a bit more substantial to grip than just the notch as with this being relatively small i was finding the elactic was pulling it out of my grip.
Winter is coming
20 May 2013, 17:12,
(20 May 2013, 17:02)Hex Wrote: well just made a quick slingbow Smile keyring off my keys, catapult and 2 cable ties Big Grin

took me about 30 seconds to put it together and i would say probably has the same power as my cheapy bow maybe even more. with a bit of practice i could definately see this being a good tool for putting food on the table or even chasing off unwanted visitors.

what i would suggest is you want to mod the back of your arrows so that you have something a bit more substantial to grip than just the notch as with this being relatively small i was finding the elactic was pulling it out of my grip.
depends on which sort of arrow you are using I suppose, I didn't have any problems with a wooden arrow but would have a better grip maybe if I removed the nock, but as I have a bow as well I don't want to do that.
20 May 2013, 17:23,
was thinking of maybe ordering a second quiver and keeping it for slingbow specific arrows Big Grin
Winter is coming
20 May 2013, 17:33,
(20 May 2013, 17:23)Hex Wrote: was thinking of maybe ordering a second quiver and keeping it for slingbow specific arrows Big Grin

yes I have done that too, but I can still use them for both.....if events dictated.Tongue..so I've kept that option open. I suppose you could use crossbow bolts instead of arrows, these don't have nocks fitted.