Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Water Tactics
21 May 2013, 20:54,
RE: My Water Tactics
I need to up my water purification and storage abillity I have jerrycans, but a waterbut is next on my list !
21 May 2013, 22:32,
(21 May 2013, 15:18)BeardyMan Wrote: You don't have to dig too far down to hit the water table (something I learned growing up in the fens)

Isn't the water table in the Fens a couple of inches above the top of your wellies? Big Grin

22 May 2013, 00:54,
(21 May 2013, 20:36)The Ragman Wrote: you can stretch it out surprisingly by using some basic plant based water collection, such as plastic bags tied over tree branches or over plants in the garden to collect moisture and condensation plastic sheet drip traps.

You might be surprised at how little this actually produces. For survival, it may help, but if you want to cook, live anywhere near normally and have regard to the NBC issues that SD pointed out, it won't help that much, if at all. Have you ever tried it?

22 May 2013, 04:53,
Not only does it produce very little, what is there is green and full of chlorophyll.
22 May 2013, 09:39,
(22 May 2013, 04:53)Mortblanc Wrote: Not only does it produce very little, what is there is green and full of chlorophyll.

If you do it over night, you don't get the green stuff. It's not a very effective system, but I'd recommend it over doing nothing.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 May 2013, 10:53,
It costs almost nothing to get two food grade buckets / tubs with lids often for nowt from a bakers or resteraunt, add a £2.99 pastic tap from a camping shop, and a pair of water filter candles from Berkfield bought online from Avonsoft to create a fabulous DIY water filter.

I dont think we will ever have a water shortage in the UK, just lack of filtration capability.

22 May 2013, 21:06,
(22 May 2013, 00:54)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: You might be surprised at how little this actually produces. For survival, it may help, but if you want to cook, live anywhere near normally and have regard to the NBC issues that SD pointed out, it won't help that much, if at all. Have you ever tried it?

I've done it many times and the outcome varies depending on the weather and the plant, but always provides me with something on a daily basis.
22 May 2013, 21:37,
If you don't go for volume of water you are better going for filtration tools. Then you can tap into rain butts, swimming pools and if you really need to; puddles of water contaminated with cow poo.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin