Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepper Compound Bow Spec
29 May 2013, 15:32,
RE: Prepper Compound Bow Spec
a kiddies bow hitting an aeorta, yeah right, who do you think you are-Robin Hood? who's got that kind of skill here? very few i'll guess, the best we can hope for is a solid shot then follow the blood trail and put it out of its misery, if your not sure of a shot then don't take it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 May 2013, 15:45,
Exactly where did I claim to be able to do such things myself? I used it as an anaology nothing more and I am tired at your constant digging at people. I'm adding you to the ignore file before I say something really bad.

29 May 2013, 16:00, (This post was last modified: 29 May 2013, 16:03 by Binnie.)
(29 May 2013, 15:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: Exactly where did I claim to be able to do such things myself? I used it as an anaology nothing more and I am tired at your constant digging at people. I'm adding you to the ignore file before I say something really bad.

I beleive, if i had a decent scope, and had it zero'd, i could probably take that shot if i was in range, unfortunately my bow is very powerful and destroys, or burys bolts, so zeroing is taking a while!

broadheads would certainly help in this situation, but then i'd need to start the zeroing all over again.

I'm very confident my air rifle is zeroed to the point that i dont think i could improve it, it is VERY accurate.
it's not outwith the realms of possibility, it's just take a lot of practice

FWIW i believe the shot is possible with a pistol bow.

My airsoft pistol fires at 250fps, and i can hit feral animals with it from 10-15m away with relative ease.

practice makes perfect!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
29 May 2013, 16:09,
I'll would say that I think my SAA and my judgement on when to take a shot are modestly competant, with a rifle I am very comfortable and with a bow modestly so, but as you so rightly point and and re-enforce Practice makes perfect.

29 May 2013, 16:37, (This post was last modified: 29 May 2013, 16:40 by bigpaul.)
(29 May 2013, 15:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: Exactly where did I claim to be able to do such things myself? I used it as an anaology nothing more and I am tired at your constant digging at people. I'm adding you to the ignore file before I say something really bad.

suit yourself its a free world. I never was a yes man agreeing with everyone all the time, if I was i'd still be over on UKP-bless their little cotton socks.

I was only trying to inject a sense of realism.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 May 2013, 17:31,
(29 May 2013, 14:35)Digger Wrote: From what I've seen, a broadhead will go clean though as well. It will not necessarily drop a deer immediately, unless it hits something very vital. Its purpose is to increase trauma and accelerate the bleed out process.

Sounds like I need to shoot 'em in the neck then!

Right, I'm off to devise some sort of crossbow shotgun. 5 arrows at once should do the trick Wink
29 May 2013, 17:34,
You need to hit em in the heart lung cluster which normally is just above the top of the front leg and a smiggies towards the back.

29 May 2013, 17:39,
(29 May 2013, 17:34)NorthernRaider Wrote: You need to hit em in the heart lung cluster which normally is just above the top of the front leg and a smiggies towards the back.

Shame we can't go out an practice really (on a live target)
29 May 2013, 17:40,
(29 May 2013, 17:31)BeardyMan Wrote:
(29 May 2013, 14:35)Digger Wrote: From what I've seen, a broadhead will go clean though as well. It will not necessarily drop a deer immediately, unless it hits something very vital. Its purpose is to increase trauma and accelerate the bleed out process.

Sounds like I need to shoot 'em in the neck then!

Right, I'm off to devise some sort of crossbow shotgun. 5 arrows at once should do the trick Wink

there was someone on Youtube had a "repeating" crossbow!
29 May 2013, 17:58,
Now that's more like it. Wonder if I can bastardise something to stick 3 limbs on it (well 6, but you know what I mean) and 3 strings. Be a fucker to cock, but 3 shots are always better than one.

I'm sure it'd put the fear of god (or the fear of being impaled on a bolt) into whoever it was pointed at too, if necessary