Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Preppers 2
2 June 2013, 13:54,
RE: UK Preppers 2
(2 June 2013, 13:31)Hex Wrote: But unfortunately the producers will distort the footage so that the prepping community look like a bunch of nutters while continuing to turn the public's minds to jelly, insisting that everything will be just fine as long as you do as your told.

nothing new there then? load of sheeple/zombies doing as their told...good job some of us have our own ideas about that! Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 June 2013, 22:42,
I wonder if the local police will renew the shotgun/firearms certificates of those on the promo, methinks they'll try and wriggle out of doing so
5 June 2013, 13:47,
I've a problem with my Sky Box, I'm searching for DDPUk2 and it keeps saying is it FICTION, COMEDY, DRAMA Or DOCUMENTARY and I think its likely be be all of em Smile, seriously though last time I prejudged the show and had cause to regret it, Lets see what is on offer and give the folks a chance to impress, but I still without malice feel that blowing their OPSEC was a tragic error.

5 June 2013, 17:18,
Dont forget people this portrayal of prepping and parlaying is played out this pm for your particular personal participation and pleasure, A production of particular pleasantry passionate participation in all things prepping I hope

5 June 2013, 21:39,
Its a bit like a forum, on a forum there are many, many threads, some of them inspire you to do whats been wrote about,.. many dont

This program is not for everyone, but if we watch the program we will probably find most of it is not reverent to what we want to do,.... but amongst it all, we might just come away with a bit of very useful information

The last lot was a bit like this,.. most of it was of very limited use to us,... but then a preper talked about buying anti-biotics from tropical fish shops,... that was important info, that I had never heard of before

So I will be watching for this reason, good info can often come from very unlikely sources
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 June 2013, 22:16, (This post was last modified: 5 June 2013, 22:42 by NorthernRaider.)
Well I watched it, phew I'm content because the show had almost nothing at all to do with prepping and survivalism and everything to do with Bushcraft and Wilderness survival. It was 99% guys practising bushcraft in the woods. The guys over on Ludlow SG would be delighted with the show but for me it was a waste of time cept for the snippet about using baby oil in fire lighting.

When a show says its about prepping I expect to see homesteads, stockpiles, caches, PV arrays, wind turbines, water filtraton systems, home security, bug out plans, comms kit, gardens, livestock, medical skills, caring for your and INCLUDING your dependants.

Oh I did admire the Scots chap Stuarts superb arrow making skill.

On plus 1 Channel 527 Nat Geo at the same time as DDPUK2 they had a new episode of the US show DDP and it was much more about Prepping and Survivalism

BTW wasnt the youngster an absolute joy to watch and listen too, very knowlegable at woodlore and fieldcraft. wish more kids were like him.

5 June 2013, 22:49,
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be !!! think the guy who was on first was okay...but probs has fucked it up for himself with the knife making in the garage...especially when they said he was "tooled up " etc...... the jesus preppers.....all I will say is ..I don't have a "book of fairy stories to control the masses/sheeple " ...sorry meant to say the "bible".!! eerr....don't watch any funky prepper or roach vids ...I have my own reasons and don't wanna be negative and "piss on their fireworks/you tube=free gifts fame".....the kid from durham was okay tho ! why don't they do a series called " U.K BI-POLAR ARMCHAIR PREPPERS".......think it wud be a huge hit !!!Tongue