Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riot season
3 June 2013, 11:05,
RE: Riot season
(3 June 2013, 10:49)River Song Wrote: someone, somewhere has to
take the responsibility of countering bullying (of whatever political colour)

the only way anyone can change the system is from within that same system, so maybe we need some prepper MP's??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2013, 12:45,
(3 June 2013, 09:58)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(3 June 2013, 09:53)Barneyboy Wrote: your wife is paid a good wage because the nurses went on strike in the the late 80s I think it was

My wife is paid a modest wage because she has worked hard for 35 year working her way up from a war clerk to enroled nurse, to RGN, to RSCN, To RSCN Dip, to BA Hons and averages over 60 hours a week work but is paid for 37.5

LABOUR cut her pay £300 PM, LABOUR refused to increase her milage allowance after nearly doubling the cost of petrol.

Just phoned her to check and she says she nor her coleagues have ever gone on strike, but some worked to rule in the 80s but no patient care was affected. Unlike miners, etc.

Oh yes and let us all never forget the constant wave of news paper articles from 96 to 2005 of hospitals making nurses especially newly qualified nurses redundant whilst importing nurses from the fillipines. Now who was in charge and which unions objected??

And on the radio this morning we have Labour saying they want to cut Winter Fuel Payments to pensioners, particularily those pensioners who paid the most taxes over their working lives. Whilst the bone idle scum who pissed away their money in the Labour workies club during their working years and now live in state subsidised housing get to keep their money.

I'm dying to see how you two justify punishing those who work hard, save, set money aside for their old age, compaed to the feckless who did not bother. And lets not forget the welfare state has existed since 1948 so every living pensioner has had time and opportunity to save a bit extra.

don't think a lot of people on here would call 37.000 pound a year modest wage NR
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 June 2013, 12:49,
(3 June 2013, 12:45)Barneyboy Wrote: don't think a lot of people on here would call 37.000 pound a year modest wage NR
I don't know anyone who earns that much either BB, mind you I know Mrs NR has put the years in.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2013, 12:54,
(3 June 2013, 12:49)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 June 2013, 12:45)Barneyboy Wrote: don't think a lot of people on here would call 37.000 pound a year modest wage NR
I don't know anyone who earns that much either BB, mind you I know Mrs NR has put the years in.

yeah im sure the lady has put in the years and then some ,just think its a good wage ,and that's not because of the bosses think she works hard I will give her a pay rise ,its because they have been made to that's all BP mate
3 June 2013, 12:58, (This post was last modified: 3 June 2013, 12:59 by NorthernRaider.)

It is very modest when you consider her pen pushing bosses all earn over £50,000 a year and only work 37.5 hours and are never on call, never work weekends or nights and off every bank holiday. Or Trade union bosses with grace and favour homes and bigger wages than the prime minister.

She has grafted for over 35 years to get her current capped pay and is personally responsible for 100 of her own patients and the 200 of her staffs patients.

In comparison a tube train driver get £53,000 a year for pushing a button and going on strike every week.

3 June 2013, 13:04,
(3 June 2013, 12:58)NorthernRaider Wrote:

It is very modest when you consider her pen pushing bosses all earn over £50,000 a year and only work 37.5 hours and are never on call, never work weekends or nights and off every bank holiday. Or Trade union bosses with grace and favour homes and bigger wages than the prime minister.

She has grafted for over 35 years to get her current capped pay and is personally responsible for 100 of her own patients and the 200 of her staffs patients.

In comparison a tube train driver get £53,000 a year for pushing a button and going on strike every week.

im not saying you lady wife doesn't work hard ,I think all the nhs front line people work bloody hard ,and yes her boss is prob called lord ponce the third whos had it given to them all of there life that is why the work person needs the unions to stand up for them
3 June 2013, 13:05,
all this union and welfare bashing is all well and good, setting the world to rights(and the weather) is what the British talk about all of the time, but we as preppers(or survivalists) cannot actual do anything about it...short of a revolution that is.....so maybe we should just keep to subjects we CAN do something about?? like EMP's and storms and economic collapse and TEOTWAWKI!Big Grin
3 June 2013, 13:07,
(3 June 2013, 13:05)bigpaul Wrote: all this union and welfare bashing is all well and good, setting the world to rights(and the weather) is what the British talk about all of the time, but we as preppers(or survivalists) cannot actual do anything about it...short of a revolution that is.....so maybe we should just keep to subjects we CAN do something about?? like EMP's and storms and economic collapse and TEOTWAWKI!Big Grin

good point BP im going to shut up about this mateSmile
3 June 2013, 13:08,
the city im originally from, £37k was exceptionally good!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
3 June 2013, 13:10,
Anybody care to get this thread back on track thought it would have got the chop by now lol