Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The State Medical Service NHS and us
3 June 2013, 17:38,
RE: The State Medical Service NHS and us
thank goodness my wife knows all about herbal/ alternative medicine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2013, 19:37,
(3 June 2013, 17:38)bigpaul Wrote: thank goodness my wife knows all about herbal/ alternative medicine.

Dandelion Tea for a Broken Leg?
3 June 2013, 20:00,
Aye Lass break your leg, maybe a compound fracture, dial 999 and wait an hour for an ambulance. Arrive at hospital and go to a waiting area filled with dunks, chavs, druggies, foreigners and loons from the sink estates and wait for 10 hours to be seen, but not before spending 40 minutes filling out forms for the recptionist.

Finally get wheeled into a dirty cubicle and another hour passes before a doctor arrives and says " It looks like you have a broken leg" before following up with " We will get it X rayed to be sure" He then leaves and later on a nurse comes and gives you are form to take to the X Ray dept.

You point out your leg is broken and you cannot walk, nurse tuts and goes to look for a porter.

Another hour passes and a porter arrives, looks around and says " I'll go and find a wheel chair" before disappearing for another hour.

Finally you arrive at X Ray only to find its closed for everything cept emergencies and because you can talk and plead for help your not considered an Emergency and told to come back the next day.

You finally get a friend to take you home after being told it will be 9 hours before an non emergency patient transport ambulance will be available.

24 hour later you are back at A & E and have to go through the same admin procedures as the day before, finally you get your X ray and are wheeled back to A & E to wait the results. 4 hours later a trainee doctor comes and looks at the image and decides " Yup your leg is broke and you need to put in in plaster".

Yup you wait again for a few hours until another porter is available to take you to the plaster cast dept. You wait their for a few hours until you finally get a pot on your leg.

You go back to A & E to be given
(A) The discharge paperwork
(B) Anti Biotics if needed, but only enough for 24 hours after that you will have to try and get a GPs appintment ( average waiting time 2 weeks)
© C Difficile and if your unlucky MRSA.

Isnt the NHS wonderful

3 June 2013, 20:10, (This post was last modified: 3 June 2013, 20:13 by Barneyboy.)
(3 June 2013, 20:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Aye Lass break your leg, maybe a compound fracture, dial 999 and wait an hour for an ambulance. Arrive at hospital and go to a waiting area filled with dunks, chavs, druggies, foreigners and loons from the sink estates and wait for 10 hours to be seen, but not before spending 40 minutes filling out forms for the recptionist.

Finally get wheeled into a dirty cubicle and another hour passes before a doctor arrives and says " It looks like you have a broken leg" before following up with " We will get it X rayed to be sure" He then leaves and later on a nurse comes and gives you are form to take to the X Ray dept.

You point out your leg is broken and you cannot walk, nurse tuts and goes to look for a porter.

Another hour passes and a porter arrives, looks around and says " I'll go and find a wheel chair" before disappearing for another hour.

Finally you arrive at X Ray only to find its closed for everything cept emergencies and because you can talk and plead for help your not considered an Emergency and told to come back the next day.

You finally get a friend to take you home after being told it will be 9 hours before an non emergency patient transport ambulance will be available.

24 hour later you are back at A & E and have to go through the same admin procedures as the day before, finally you get your X ray and are wheeled back to A & E to wait the results. 4 hours later a trainee doctor comes and looks at the image and decides " Yup your leg is broke and you need to put in in plaster".

Yup you wait again for a few hours until another porter is available to take you to the plaster cast dept. You wait their for a few hours until you finally get a pot on your leg.

You go back to A & E to be given
(A) The discharge paperwork
(B) Anti Biotics if needed, but only enough for 24 hours after that you will have to try and get a GPs appintment ( average waiting time 2 weeks)
© C Difficile and if your unlucky MRSA.

Isnt the NHS wonderful

that's tory cut backs for you

(3 June 2013, 19:37)River Song Wrote:
(3 June 2013, 17:38)bigpaul Wrote: thank goodness my wife knows all about herbal/ alternative medicine.

Dandelion Tea for a Broken Leg?

that made me giggle nice on RSBig Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 June 2013, 20:17,
Far more importantly, after Michael Douglas' confession today
it looks like I'm going to have to get the Human papillomavirus vaccine
otherwise no-one is going to want to go down on me Tango Uniform (Mich nicer that SHTF)

X
3 June 2013, 22:00,
Thanks RS, those downloads will be vital for us all but just from me - thanks again, Smile

3 June 2013, 22:18,
I am not sure if it is the fault of the NHS at all,.. I think that the system is working more or less the way it was designed to do,..and it was always ran fairly well.

The problem is that the population has gone through the roof and the system cant cope in its present form,.. and that is down to the government of course

I agree that there are other factors mixed in there, i.e. low pay resulting in a skills drain to other countries,.. staff being recruited that cant speak good English,..and the good old shortcuts because of shortage of funds,.. back to the population explosion again
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 June 2013, 09:56,
(3 June 2013, 20:17)River Song Wrote: Far more importantly, after Michael Douglas' confession today
it looks like I'm going to have to get the Human papillomavirus vaccine
otherwise no-one is going to want to go down on me Tango Uniform (Mich nicer that SHTF)

X

haha such a way with words, you just made my morning Big Grin

i dont think anyone is going to ask for your medical records post TU,
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
4 June 2013, 14:33,
sister in law was in Barnstaple A&E last Friday night...she fell off an electric bicycle on rough ground(silly Bitch), she had a broken arm, she was there from 9PM to 2AM getting it Xrayed and then a temporary splint/plaster was fitted, she had to come back another day to have it properly plastered, she said the place was full of drunk teenagers throwing up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2013, 09:23,
BP, would you say the teenagers were plastered as well? Oops. Don't neglect alternative medicines as well. Remember antibiotics will not last indefinitely. Although you can produce a crude Penicillin it will not cure all illnesses. Before the 2nd. World War, the bulk of medicines were plant based, there were no Scans and modern equipment. First Aid is important but do think beyond that. Many drugs that go beyond their shelf life can do harm. Kenneth Eames.